Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2-Gun Challenge by Precision Tactical

Some of you might recall the awesome matches that David Tapp has put on out at Steel City near Birmingham, AL. I remember them well and miss them dearly.

A new shop (Precision Tactical) has opened near the range now known as Brock's Gap Training Center, http://www.brocksgap.com/and that shop has endeavored to revive a match on 5th Saturdays in their name at this facility. I'm trying to make that happen in a way that would make David proud.

So, all that said, we are having the first of these matches on April 30th. I know the notice is short, but I want to open it to as many as possible that might like to attend. Match fee is $30 for 6-7 stages of shooting. Trophy match at this time, but there may be some "stuff" too. Hope to grow the "stuff" in the future if we can make it work.

Some details...

It will be something along the lines of a typical outlaw 3-gun match without the shotgun. There will be some smaller stages in bays that feel much like 3GN stages, but without the shotgun. There will be some a larger stages with longer shots (to around 400yds). There will be a fair amount of movement involved in many of the stages and you will likely be shooting/reloading while moving on most stages though not required to do so.
If you have 150rds for both pistol and rifle and you don't take many extra shots, you should be good and have some to take home with you. You might consider bringing 200 each to cover make-ups, etc.
Expect no fewer than 18 targets over 100 yds. The penalty for missing those will be 10 seconds each. For everything from 30-99yds, the penalty for a miss will be 7.5 seconds. For anything under 40 yds. the penalty for a miss will be 5 seconds.
All paper gets "2 anywhere" or one in the "A-B" zone. Should you be shooting a .308 you will only need one in the "A-B-C" zone to neutralize the paper targets.

I am not setting up defined "Divisions" for this match but we will recognize High-LE/MIL/First Responder. I want everyone to be able to play with all their toys, so there are no limits on the rifle/carbine. Please recognize that certain items may make it tougher to appropriately "RO" you when shooting such as suppressors/etc. For the pistol, the only limitations are 140mm magazines and no frame-mounted optics. The requirements of both firearms are that they be capable of activating all targets designated for that firearm. Rifle targets will be set with .223/5.56 in mind. Pistol targets will be set with 9mm.

This will be scored "Time plus penalties w/ points". We will be using electronic scoring.

Sign-up here and join us. Feel free to post any questions you might have.

https://practiscore.com/precision-tactical-2-gun-challenge/register

https://www.facebook.com/events/1770841089818239/permalink/1774042689498079/

Edited by wgj3

William, you are a gentleman and a scholar....sorta.

We would love to partake on the 30th, but are committed elsewhere.

What are the planned match dates - montly or 5th Sats only.

To be true to Mr Tapp, it was carbine with wild and/or wierd guns from local pawn shops, but the past has past as they say.

Thanks Mike! I will be sure to throw in a random stage gun or 2 once I get some of the details down a bit better. We will do it again in July I believe; 5th Saturday again. That may be the only other this year, but we will be shooting for 2-3 next year as well.