Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prince

Youngeyes

Steve, I was never fond either, but I have to say that his playing in the video was superb. One of my favorite songs, and he DID make it better.

I read on another forum where Clapton was asked, "How if felt to be the worlds best guitar player?". His response was that he didn't know, "go ask Prince. ".

Now I have to ask folks in the know, did he ever play Layla?

Edit: Whoops! That's the short version. I'll find the full length version. Just superb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

Edited by BrianKr

His guitar playing and musicianship was amazing, and his sense of showmanship even more amazing. Indeed, a very talented guy.

57 is way too young.

Edited by Bamboo

We lost a genius. Easily one of the top 5 concerts I have ever been to (Musicology tour). Went because my wife (then girlfriend) wanted to go. Stage was set up "in the round" and from way down there he dominated the entire arena. I had no expectations and was floored. His guitar work is amazing, but he played so many instruments and was so talented. I don't love all of his stuff but I have tons of respect for people who have their own vision and stick to it no matter what people think.

Sad news. Reports were that he was battling the flu and was just not feeling well for the last several weeks.

Extremely talented guy with a unique style. Amazing performer!

There are already reports of him needing a "save shot" (like pulp fiction) just a few days ago. It wasn't the flu, probably an OD. $300 million and no will. The woodwork is about to start vomiting.

Edited by A-shot

Haha it doesn't matter, I didn't even listen to him. I'm far outside of his demographic. Jimi however, is a badass until the end of time And he basically founded the 27 club. He didn't leave a will, and that turned into a major battle with all of the survivors..

Edited by A-shot

Haha it doesn't matter, I didn't even listen to him. I'm far outside of his demographic. Jimi however, is a badass until the end of time And he basically founded the 27 club. He didn't leave a will, and that turned into a major battle with all of the survivors..

Yeah, Joplin died a couple weeks before or after, I dont remember which. Morrision around then too. Heroin is a cruel mistress.

I don't deny his talent. The reason I say good riddance is that due to him being selfish and killing himself with drugs he has now denied the world of his talent. People that blessed with talent should thank god for it and not put themselves in a position to cut their lives short.