Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any of you tried a precision rifle course? That you'd recommend?

FlashAndPoof

I just left the badlands class a few weeks ago. I have trained with them twice. They are a great group of guys and once you train there you will be back. Bobbi runs a big boys training class. They don't stand over your shoulder and baby sit you. They give you the tools and let you figure problems out yourself. I highly recommend them. Also once you pay for a class he welcome you to come back to all of his classes and help out if you want to. The hardest part of shooting long range is sitting behind the spotting scope. The trigger man has the easiest job.

I shot to 600 working 10 shots of my zero round. The next day was banging 1k pretty easy.

If you have any questions about them or there facilities (which are awesome) let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look up Oklahoma Practical Precision Shooters on Facebook. They have monthly matches. Great group of guys, some of the best LR shooters in the country. They'll be more then willing to help out a newbie. Show up and shoot a match with what you got......you'll learn a ton.

If you want to travel to WV, peacemaker national training center, they run courses providing all the gear and ammo. You can decide what you want after the course.

https://www.nraoutdoors.com/schools/long-range-school?eventid=63

I know the LR matches they run are good events and the guys that run them are good shooters.

LR equipment decisions are pricey and resale isn't always that great. There are so many good options now be sure you get what you want and won't out grow to quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

An alternative route would be to look into NRA competitions on KD ranges. You would learn a lot. You could shoot with a sling on a standard target or shoot F Class on that target. You cant have a comp on the rifle but depending on the range, they might put you off to one of the sides and let you shoot.

• 4 weeks later...

I took the Rifles Only "Precision Rifle 1 & 2 Combo" five day course last month and highly recommend it. Jacob Bynum is an outstanding instructor and has a great facility in Kingsville. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Phil G

I took the Rifles Only "Precision Rifle 1 & 2 Combo" five day course last month and highly recommend it. Jacob Bynum is an outstanding instructor and has a great facility in Kingsville. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Phil G

+1 on rifles only. Jacob is the man. I just attemded their competition course in Colorado. I try to take 1 a year. Can't go wrong.

If you like the idea of being in WY, can't say enough good things about Colorado Precision Rifle/ Brian Whalen....he uses the Competition Dynamics facility outside of Douglas WY where the SHide Cup was a few years back. Lots of rounds downrange, no ego or attitude, lots of good wind. We had 0-55mph to play with last time i was there. I think he even has some rental rifles if you just want to show up and go.

If I did it all over again, I'd sure like to "arrive/drive" a number of times then buy hardware- would have saved me about $XXk+??

• 3 weeks later...

Rifles Only, Jacob is an excellent instructor and the shooting facilities are fantastic. The bunk house is a great deal as well. Took PR1/PR2 combo class, the return on your investment will pay for itself.

JG

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2016 at 9:02 PM, lee blackman said:

K&M Precision in Tennessee, specialized facility that hosts the annual Gap Grind PRS competition... Hands down first choice.

I live about an hour from this place and didn't know it existed until a few weeks ago.  Looks like a great facility with a wide range of classes.  I plan to take one next year.

• 3 months later...