Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

50 yards shots with c-more

RenoShooter

Is there any reason why 50 yard long shots seem to hit very high when I'm aiming for the center A zone? It's probably just me, but it's always high at significant yardage. My C-more is sighted in at 25 feet. Thoughts?

25 feet? Try zeroing at 18-20 YARDS.

You did not indicate any information on your ammo, but I ran Strelok using my Major match ammo (124 gr 9mm at 1366 fps), sights 1" above the center of the bore and with the gun zero'd at 8.3 yards, here is where I would expect my bullet to hit.

8.3 yd - zero

20 yd - 1.3" high

30 yd - 2.1" high

40 yd - 2.8" high

50 yd - 3.2" high

Move your zero out to 20 yards and at 50 yards you should hit right on the money.

If you supply your ammo information and the height of the red dot, I'd be glad to run it again with that data.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Thanks everyone for the help. Based on what I've learned here, I may be zeroed too close. My load is 7.0 grains of autocomp with Montana Gold 124jhp, @ 1.165. Without measuring, I'd guess my scope is about one inch high from the center of the bore. (Standard STI Grandmaster Factory pistol with Factory mount.)

Thanks everyone for the help. Based on what I've learned here, I may be zeroed too close. My load is 7.0 grains of autocomp with Montana Gold 124jhp, @ 1.165. Without measuring, I'd guess my scope is about one inch high from the center of the bore. (Standard STI Grandmaster Factory pistol with Factory mount.)

I'm guessing that your velocity is around 1380 fps and the dot to bore distance is closer to 2"

With your gun sighted in at 8.3 yards, you will hit 8.5" high at 50 yards.

Sight your gun in at 18 yards (that's my recommended distance) and you get the following:

10 yards - 0.81" low

20 yards - 0.18" high

30 yards - 0.99" high

40 yards - 1.49" high

50 yards - 2.00" high