Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CO legal Glock Frame Insert - Is there such a product out there?

acpie360

My Carry Optics version of G34, with an empty mag inserted, only weights 27.3oz. Given now the max weight is 45oz for the CO, is there a frame insert that increases the weight, sort of like the Seattle Slug, but does not change the grip profile, available at the moment?

How about a brass ZEV magwell plug only?

Pretty sure it doesn't line up perfectly, a guy got bumped to open for having one last match

That's interesting because the Glockmeister grip plugs that people have used for years do not line up perfectly either.

ETA: http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-ruling-details.php?indx=34

Edited by matt7184

Since you can use 140mm mags for CO, here's a thought: add lead to the base plate.

Here's what I'm thinking of doing to my mags: adding eight 147gr bullets inside my Dawson pads. This roughly yields 2.69oz of added weight to each mag. Also guarantee to drop free each time. LOL

55B5F038-1C39-401A-ABD8-D5FE3C94FE81_zps

• 4 weeks later...

Just shoot it and abuse it first. I would be worried how reliable it would be. Some latex caulk might be your friend.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Used them in last month's match and they'd worked flawlessly.

Also wrapped the bullets in a layer of masking tape. Fits perfectly without rattling around.

Added the stock internal pad between the spring and wrapped bullets.

Edited by knedrgr

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

im considering a ground up seattle slug for added weight. hopefully Robin makes one in the future before i destroy a seattle slug :) .. not to thread hi jack but anyone

have an idea whats the heaviest guide rod set up we can use for CO?

Edited by ogiebb

im considering a ground up seattle slug for added weight. hopefully Robin makes one in the future before i destroy a seatle slug :) .. not to thread hi jack but anyone

have an idea whats the heaviest guide rod set up we can use for CO?

I had the same idea and being cheap, I went this route. Check Robin's Taylor Freelance website for factory seconds of the Seattle slug. He has them occasionally. I picked up two brass colored seconds for the G17 last spring for $19.95 each. Both were only flawed a bit in the finish and are entirely serviceable for my purpose. I told him what I wanted them for in the order notes. Cheaper to cut or grind one of those up than a full price one. :)