Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you keep in your range bag??

bird

I like the little red wagon idea.  I notice that some of the god shooters show up with carts and buckets and all sorts of shrevery to haul it around for them.

Maybe a motor on the wagon.  Like a 440 with a six pack.  And a chain gun.

And a beverage fridge.

Ross

At one of the local matches the range is large enough that you can drive from pit to pit in your car.  I shoot the way that purists play golf ---- no wheeled transportation, and I hump my own bag.  (Of course my size makes it difficult for me to get in the car with a gunbelt on.........Sigh, maybe it's time for that diet again.

I am going to shoot a match on Sunday.  The Match Director had a 4-wheeler with a wagon on the back last month.  Everybody in the squad just threw their bag in.

------

Sorry, I guess that is getting off topic.

(Edited by Flexmoney at 8:31 pm on July 6, 2001)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I expect rain I bring along some plastic bags used by dry cleaners.  Before tacking the target onto the stand I put it inside the bag so it doesn't get soaked in the rain.  Picked this tip somewhere on the Web I don't remember where now.

I live in the tropics so I also bring at least 2 quarts of drinking water.

Then I bring an extra shirt to change into after shooting.  I don't want that lead dust clinging to my body longer than necessary.

-Orr

• 2 weeks later...

Not all of this is in my bag. Quite a few items are left in the truck. But since I have to drive a good distance to some matches I had to make a list. There's nothing that'll ruin your day like driving all that way and find out you've forgotten something. Even though you may not need that item. Just the fact that you've forgotten it will play on your mind and cause a misalignment of the planets.

GUN                 BALL CAP               SHOES (CLEATS)

HOLSTER          SUNSCREEN            DRINK ( LOTS OF IT )

AMMO              BUG SPRAY             FOOD

MAGAZINES      MOTRIN/ANTACID    SPARE CLOTHES

MAG BRUSH      TOWELS (X3)          SPARE PARTS/TOOLS

PRO GRIP          WALLET                 COAT / RAIN GEAR    

EAR MUFFS       EAR PLUGS             SHOOTING GLASSES

• 4 weeks later...

I have a BIG GREEN wagon - holds an extra large custom made Hafner bag (who knows what he's got in there!), my li'l blue dillon (baby wipes, ear plugs, ammo, antibacterial hand lotion and a first aid kit - geez, I am a GRRL ) and an ice chest!

And the best part is - I don't have to pull it around the range!

PS - BIRD - how is your wife?

(Edited by Shooter Grrl at 8:40 pm on Sep. 5, 2001)

Hi Shooter Grrl,

My wife is busting my chops about shooting too many competitions and not spending enough home time, so she is back to normal...LOL

I am new to competition and it is very "habit forming"

but it is oh, so much fun, I'm hooked.

I keep changing the contents in my range bag and have a "spare" bag in my Durango and of course a cooler with lots of food and water...

I am starting to eye my kids little red wagon though...LOL

If only I could fit a hot shower in my SUV, now that would be nice..he he