Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Trouble

DJPoLo

Chet

double trouble is simply two plates as seen in the diagram...draw and shoot each one once fast as you can...

Brian and Chip Mc were about the fastest I have seen on this one..right at 1.1 or so..amazing...

I think BE was a bit faster than 1.10...

I have a copy of the American Steel Plates, Rules and Stages ...revised March, 1995.

The listed World Record times for Double Trouble are 3.92 (4 runs), for an average of 0.98/run.

It looks to me like the Double Trouble listed is not the same as that posted above (which is what BE shot). What is listed seems to be the Double Trouble that we shoot locally...8y, 18x24 plate (hit twice), 12in stop plate a foot above it.

There you go, being officious again. :D

Where did you get the book? I want one. Can't have too many ideas for steel matches. By the way, if you and the book call mozambique double trouble, what does the book call the two circles one above the other?

That is the Double Trouble I remember. Its 2 shots and I "think" the record, imn competition was .8X or .77. I believe Brian Enos set it too. Long time ago and my memory has faded a little. :o

Flex, that's the one Chet Whistle used to run in a little pit at Circleville. If I remember he left it set up all the time. That was before you and Steve and even before Jeff Masses. :o:o