Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best finish?

Majority1775

Ionbond DLC

+1

DLC is very hard and durable. Only 3 microns thick so it can be applied after fitting your parts or to an existing gun. It takes on the finish level (polished, matte, satin) of the underlying surface. It's the same coating Surefire uses it on their suppressor adapter muzzle brakes and flash hiders.

+1 for ion bond.

I had a customer's gun done in NP3. It was really nice, but a little slippery for a competition Gun. Maybe on a 2011 frame, but I don't care for it on the slide.

Edited by PatJones

Just realized that's an old photo. It looks like this now.

The finish is amazing. In hind sight I should have done a more subdued surface prep instead of the high polish (it's so shiny!) but there is NO wear on it at all after a year and a half of shooting it.

ticngrip.jpg

Anyone know a contact at Ionbond or Robar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ionbond doesn't work directly with consumers. I had mine done through this guy.

http://www.jabuie.com/ionbond.html

His prices are listed on the site. He was helpful and i was happy with the finish.

Chad has done several for me and currently has a couple more in his shop. Very customer focused, easy to talk to, and good results.

Edited by Steve in Allentown PA

The finish is amazing. In hind sight I should have done a more subdued surface prep instead of the high polish (it's so shiny!) but there is NO wear on it at all after a year and a half of shooting it.

ticngrip.jpg

what finish is that and who did it?

ticngrip.jpg

What is LeBronze'd?

TiCN by Calico Coatings.

It's a PVD coating. Harder than the gold TiN barrels and shotgun bolts you see other companies use.

I wanted my gun done like that. But had to go NP3. The gun isn't finished and I already know I'm not going to happy with it. I may just lose my 1k deposit and find another builder down the road that will use someone like Calico to finish the gun. I agreed to go with the new finish but now think the gun is a waste of money if I'm not happy. I may just continue shooting my DVC.

I was starting to get over it, but seeing your gun again settles the decision.

Edited by EdwardBlake

Any idea on a finishing shop in Dallas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a buddy here at Scalpel Arms in Dallas that does amazing ceracoat. That shows wear but it's cheap and easy to get redone, and you have infinity color options

TiCN by Calico Coatings.

It's a PVD coating. Harder than the gold TiN barrels and shotgun bolts you see other companies use.

I talked to Calico about 2 months ago. They no longer do individual/small projects.
same here. I emailed them after I saw this post and the quote to do one gun for an individual was something like $1000