Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand power mag well.

Ok. Picked up a GP x-cal. Awesome gun. Hopefully soon they will make this in .40 s&w I'm guessing it's a matter of time. Even in 9mm I'm thinking it would make an awesome limited minor gun.

Sooooo... IF someone (ME) was to make a mag well and 140MM pads for these awesome pistols, any one else Interested? I don't have one, haven't made one. I don't even have a CAD for one. Just thinking of making one and a set of 140 pads for me myself and I. Then the thought of making more came to mind. Would anyone here be Interested??

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

No. For limited. I think an x-cal in .40 would be awesome. The p40 and p40l look great but I would love to see an out the box cut w awesome sights and bull barrel " like the x-cal" in .40. I think if there was 140 pads and mag wells it would be great. I want to make one for mine and shoot limited minor a bit with it. I really enjoy the gun but would like to add a slide racker and mag well. I also wish they had the same rear sight so I could swap to fiberoptic rear as well.

I'm sure they will figure something out. Like I said something like the x cal trigger but Sao. Fluted bull barrel. Lightened slide. Something like that. Or I'll get a p40L and mod it like crazy. See what happens.

The P40L is a 5-inch 40mm version of the P40. Unfortunately, not available in the US yet.

That said, I am not sure myself if I would run a 40 in limited. I'd rather go with what works: Browning design double stack.

But that's just me. I shoot an X-Calibur in an average of 8 matches a month plus practice. It's like the Energizer bunny and I've replaced ZERO part so far. I'd guesstimate 14,000 so far.

That said, I may change my opinion. I'll get a P40 one of these days and test it properly.

It seems like a solid platform. I think if the p40l runs like the x-cal there would be a great gun. I may just toss a mag Well on my x-cal for limited minor. See how it does. As long as no permanent mods are done I can remove it n shoot production still

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems like a solid platform. I think if the p40l runs like the x-cal there would be a great gun. I may just toss a mag Well on my x-cal for limited minor. See how it does. As long as no permanent mods are done I can remove it n shoot production still

It does not seem to be designed with competition in mine. The rear sights are similar to those on the K100.

It would be in the same category as the 5-inch M&P 40, which is a good shooter already and makes a good sub-$1k limited gun.

With the P-40 l and having my own machine shop I could replace the rear sights with a nice set of adjustable ones , Mill the slide really nice can have the same platform Kama printer setup as the production gun. It would be nice to have the same grip and Trigger between both platforms. Then again I will probably just build a hunter limited gun so it's the same as my open game. I think it is always nice to have options. I really do enjoy my Grand power. I think that once more aftermarket parts become available for this platform we will start seeing a lot more of them and competition. I spoke with someone from Spain who said they are very popular overseas as well we just started importing more than just the gp6

• 3 years later...