Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Picking up a Stock III Converting from SP01

I run acme 124 red coated at 1.08" using 4.2 gr etr7. Power factor is 135, a bit high, but... more consistent with 10rnd st dev 8-10.

Checked the log ... 4.2 gr is what they are. Dang old guy memory! Lol

Edited by johnbu

I run acme 124 red coated at 1.08" using 4.4 gr etr7. Power factor is 135, a bit high, but... more consistent with 10rnd st dev 8-10.

Sounds like I'll be in the ball park with 4.3 gr ETR7 under a 124 gr bayou at 1.090 then, the gun runs pretty good at that OAL.

I run acme 124 red coated at 1.08" using 4.2 gr etr7. Power factor is 135, a bit high, but... more consistent with 10rnd st dev 8-10.

Checked the log ... 4.2 gr is what they are. Dang old guy memory! Lol

I like to run about 135 pf in my CZs seems the best balance of recoil and cycle time. The Stock III feels about the same with those loads.

Glad you're liking it so far because Tanfo's are the business lol . I shot a CZ for a while and in my personal opinion the Tanfo is better in just about every way EXCEPT for trigger tuning . It takes a little more work and effort to get the Tanfo right , not identical to some CZ triggers but close . Me personally I'm all about reliabilty vs having the hair trigger . I'm perfectly content with a 7 lb DA and a 2.5- 3.0 lb SA and keeping reliability because I shoot a mix of factory and reloads .

Edited by LoadMakeReady

Shot it in a match on Sunday, for the most part it ran good, with the exception of some pilot error, I'm riding up on the thumb safety occasionally activating it inadvertently. It's only mildly annoying and totally fixable with some dry fire, making sure my index with my thumb ON TOP of the safety happens every time. Other than that she is a straight shooter, more accurate than I am. I do miss that FO front sight..(Come on Ben Stoeger Pro Shop!!)