Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAWSON VS CZ CUSTOM

Superpipe9

I run a Cajun Gun Works set (made by Dawson, but apparently not the same set that Dawson sells on their site). I have a friend with the Dawon sight set (from Dawson direct) and the front FO is wider than the CGW front FO sight and the Dawson rear's notch is not as deep as the CGW Dawson-made set. Don't know about CZ Custom. I had to get used to the thinner CGW front sight (compared to slightly wider FO front sights that I have from Dawson on other guns), but I like it so far (CZ P01).

Edited by Steppenwolf

No contest. Dawson is the superior front sight. The FO in the Dawson is always perfectly round and sharp, not a blob of plastic. Dawson come pre-drilled with tools, has a cut groove and an extra set screw. No contest. .155 X 100 on the Shadow stock rear, .180 X 100 on CZ75 and .170 X 100 on CZ75 .40 both with CGW's rear.

The CGW front sight (from Dawson) is also pre-drilled. I think there is a thread somewhere with pictures of the CGW (Dawson) vs. Dawson direct. I would be happy with the Dawson (direct) FO front sight and rear that are on my friend's CZ SP01.

I Personaly like .090/.095 fronts and .135 wide resr notch. Dont care for notch depth greater that .110 either. Doing it over again I would get the CZC comp rear and the Dawsons front. The CGW set would be much better if it did not have such a gap behing the slide and overhang as far (more like the CZC) and the gap under the front sight. The rear over hang makes a low comp hammer almost a must do,.. The CZC's and Dawsons do not.

The Dawsons are great sights but the rear sight blade is not wide enought for me from action shooting.

That said, The CGW's are poa/poi at 25 yards and about 1" high at 7yards with 124g @ 130pf. Tested with WST, Clays ansTtight Group. They do work. I just have to get use to the sight picture of the deep notch and get over the fitment (gaps) and be thankful I orderd the low comp hammer

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=230683

Sights are a very personal item. Give a set a try and find out what you do and dont like and what works with your load.

Goot luck

Edited by Hallz

• 2 weeks later...

CZ Custom when possible.

Dawson does not sell a sight that accepts the wider fiber, they sell several widths but all with the small fiber. If I can't get poi with the wide fiber (not many different heights available) then Dawson is my next favorite option.

If you shoot USPSA at Silver Creek or Owensboro, you can pm me if you wish & I'll show you what the two look like installed.

So do you guys like the .100 or the .125 wide sights and what rear sights do you use?

Currently I'm using CZC comp rear sight. After A6 I will probably try the new Dawson precision sights, I like the wider rear notch. The front sight they list is super short (.155 IIRC) compared to the .215 I'm running so I'll probably call and ask them about it when I order.