Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag extension recommendations

JordanGriffith

Alright guys, I need 3 mag extensions and I'm leaning towards the TTI extenions. But Arrendondo are only like $22 from midway. What's everyone else using? Also need a magwell too so let me know what your suggestions are. And if anyone is selling some I'd be interested!

Ok I just ordered some TTI. I wanted the lime green TF ones because of the color but I just felt like Tarans are better. Now to find a magwell. SSS is out of stock and said 3-4 weeks

Just keep checking around. A lot of suppliers carry the SSS magwells, so it's very possible someone still has some in stock. SSS starts a production run when they get a bunch of orders from their wholesale customers.

SSS starts a production run when they get a bunch of orders from their wholesale customers.

No, we start a production run when the machine schedule allows it, we have numerous products that we make for us and other companies and sometimes we have to wait as well. But our stuff gets a nudge now and then..... :)

SSS starts a production run when they get a bunch of orders from their wholesale customers.

No, we start a production run when the machine schedule allows it, we have numerous products that we make for us and other companies and sometimes we have to wait as well. But our stuff gets a nudge now and then..... :)

I was just guessing, sounded good. :surprise:

The Brass SSS magwells are great, both versions! I have the "L-10" version that's a bit smaller on my 9mm 3-Gun M&P and I have the big brass one on my .40 USPSA M&P.

I picked up a SSS Limited magwell #1620. It'll be here tomorrow. On the SSS website the description says:

"Requires the use of the Taylor Freelance or Taran Tactical magazine extension. If you have the original version of the Taylor extension that is not angle cut on the sides, please contact us for instructions on modifying your extension to work with this magwell".

I emailed SSS about extensions and they replied:

Taran Tactical and Taylor Freelance. Depending on the manufacture date of the magwell, may require fitting.

I guess I'll know more when I get it tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to someone at SSS, said there was a problem with a run on magwells and 500 or so had to be sent back to the machine shop for rework. Would be another 3+ weeks. With that said, I don't like TTI at all (no particular reason) and went with Taylor Freelance. They work great, but the +6 only hold +5 with the extra power mag spring. Which is fine, and I kind of expected that. They do have an ugly TF on the bottom though. Gross!