Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Leatham Legend High Cap .40

dirtypool40

I owned a SA high cap in 45 ACP. I would not take another one if it was free. Frame looks to be the same as the high cap I owned. I cracked 2 frames one from Bazil the other from Canada.

Both using 230 FMJ Factory ammo.

Get an STI or SVI built, your money will be better spent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Custom Shop can build you a hicap 40 with bull barrel and most of Rob's features on the gun. They quoted me $2995.00 for the bull 5" barrel model but did not quote a price for a lightened-slide 6" which was my question to them.

So I figure add $$$ to 3G & that's the ball-park price. Bit more than the 1250 I paid for a used Custom Shop open gun. To be candid the original price of my STI/Springfield/Nowlin gun was [definitely] over 3G & considering it still shoots 1" groups with all the ser# engraved original parts inside, that was a deal.

Their smith knows how to put them together & make them last; I question the marketing dept's ability to create loyal new customers who actually shoot. Making their own mags might be a good plan, for instance.

As you say it seems like there's a huge price point area they aren't trying to fill right now. They make REALLY good custom guns but the sticker shock is like, ouch.