Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Bullets Inconsistent Coating

Delta66

Does anyone else use blue bullets? I picked up a trial pack of the 124gr round nose and the coating is spotty. There are some bullets that I can see shiny spots of lead on as well as some that have chunks that flake off. The chunks would throw the bullet out of round if not scraped off. Is this normal?

Never seen chunks. Have seen the coating look like orange peel and have some small spots of lead show through, didn't hurt anything. Your report is definitely not their normal quality. Call them. Nice folks.

I shot a good 12,000+ Blue Bullets over the past 18 months and saw a serious drop in coating quality. I switched to SNS which seems to be much more consistent in the coating and I like the .356" diameter better, or should I say my guns like the .356" diameter a LOT better

I shot a good 12,000+ Blue Bullets over the past 18 months and saw a serious drop in coating quality. I switched to SNS which seems to be much more consistent in the coating and I like the .356" diameter better, or should I say my guns like the .356" diameter a LOT better

Unfortunately my experience with Blue Bullets paralleled zhunter. I had used a bunch in 9mm, and then started seeing more variability than I was used to. Not so with SNS, Leatherhead and Bayou in my experience. All of those brands have been very consistent.

Call Blue Bullets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give them an Opportunity To Please you.

If there end is week give the company a chance to make it right.

If you you were in business and QC fell short for whatever reason would you want a customer to tell you and ask to correct it?

HELL YES, it the American way. Not jump ship and run to another vendor.

I have been using Blue for a very long time no issues.

FYI this company sponsors a ton of events, they are the real deal.

Carry on.

I will reiterate that I've never had an issue like you're describing. Also Blue Bullets have always been really fast to respond to my emails. Id give them a call and a chance to make right.

I use Blue Bullets and go through about 15,000 of the 9's (125gr RN) and 6,000 45's (230gr RNFP) a year and haven't had any problems yet.

Definitely call them.

FWIW I load with a Hornady bullet feeder and don't get much smurf dust as the loose powder rubs off in the collator...but I've never seen any exposed lead.

I load my 38/357 158gr SWC with Bayou's (need to crimp into the cannelure which Blue doesn't have) and have a number in my last batch that don't have a consistent coating - lead visible especially around the cannelure - but nothing that causes a problem.

I've had great success with Blue's and have been using them about a year and a half now. I can understand expecting good quality controls, I do too. Sometimes in the real world things go wrong. Even if you stop using their product you should let them know what happened. Give them the chance to not only make it right but figure out what went wrong and how to keep it from happening in the future.

My thoughts.

I agree with the other guys, email them and give them a chance to see what's up. I'm on my 3rd case this year and they are great Bullets. Also they have been the most accurate out of my cz and I've tried all the others. They are great people and I'm sure they will take care of you.

Did they shoot consistent velocity and accurately? Without smoke or leading? I wouldn't worry about if the did. I would certainly give blue bullets a chance to rectify it if they don't perform to your expectations.

I will reiterate that I've never had an issue like you're describing. Also Blue Bullets have always been really fast to respond to my emails. Id give them a call and a chance to make right.

I would think they can see the coating difference from 18 months ago to when I got my last batch (7,200) that were no where near the same quality. It was easy to see.

The folks at Blue Bullets are great, fantastic customer service, but I decided to try something else and they were better for me (.356") and the coatings were much more uniform. My guns just shoot .356's noticibly better so the drop in quality was not an issue as I was changing brands anyway. But yes, if I was going to want to continue to shoot Blue Bullets I would have contacted them. I'm currently selling off my last three boxes of 1200 125 RN for $75 if interested, that is not shipped. FTF in South Florida

Hey guys. I am sorry to hear that some of your experiences were less than expected with our products. I can guarantee you that you are the exception and not the rule. We are very careful about what we produce and distribute. That's not to say that mistakes may not be made but if we don't know about it we can't make it right for the customer.

Bottom line is that like any other person or business mistakes will be made but if we don't know about it we can't make it right to the customer.

Please send me an email anytime if you have questions. (thebluebullets@gmail.com). I answer them pretty much anytime I'm awake.

Thanks

Nathan

The Blue Bullets