Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NE Florida / Jacksonville area pistol matches

Compiling a list, will edit this post as information updates. Mostly USPSA so far, no IDPA or 3-gun yet but will add them as info comes in. Distances from Jax city center.

Every Tuesday:

Gainesville Target Range - Gainesville, FL. USPSA. 70 miles

Flagler Gun Club - Bunnell, FL. Informal Steel Challenge. 75 miles

1st Saturday of the month:

Williston Practical Shooters - Williston, FL. USPSA. 80 miles

Space Coast Practical Shooters - New Smyrna Beach, FL. USPSA. 100 miles

Notes: Listed these two since everything else is at least two and a half hours away. Wish there was something even closer than Williston. Gateway range right in Jax used to do IDPA but they had to quit after the range bays were given cinderblock walls.

1st Sunday of the month:

Gainesville Target Range - Gainesville, FL. USPSA. 70 miles

2nd Saturday of the month:

SEPSA - Fernandina, FL. USPSA. 30 miles

Space Coast Practical Shooters - New Smyrna Beach, FL. Outlaw Steel Challenge. 100 miles

2nd Sunday of the month:

Hernando Sportsman's Club - Brooksville, FL. USPSA. 150 miles

3rd Saturday of the month:

SAPSA - St. Augustine, FL. USPSA. 35 miles

3rd Sunday of the month:

First Coast Steel Shooters - St. Augustine, FL. Steel Challenge. 35 miles

4th Saturday of the month:

Ancient City Practical Shooters Association - St. Augustine, FL. USPSA. 35 miles

Coastal Area Practical Shooters - Brunswick, GA. USPSA. 70 miles

Volusia County Gun & Hunt Club - New Smyrna Beach, FL. USPSA. 100 miles

4th Sunday of the month:

First Coast Steel Shooters - New Smyrna Beach, FL. Steel Challenge. 100 miles

5th Weekend of the month (when there is one):

None.

Edited by Absocold

Looks like Brooksville is doing USPSA every second Sunday, they have match results posted for the last several months.

http://www.hernandosportsmansclub.com/uspsa.htm

Added them to the list but that's a drive from Jax. Link goes to their page on gunmatchadvisor.com since their own website gives no info other than the day it's held and results.

Is SEPSA in fernandina no longer shooting the scone Saturday of the month? Also, don't forget CAPS in Brunswick, Ga every 4th Saturday.

Both are already on the list. You can click the link to their website to verify dates.

talon gun range in Tallahassee has a match the first Saturday. its about 160 miles or so. Its always a good 6 stage match with 1 classifier.

Edited by vixty

Nice place, but showing 175 miles from Jax. Gotta have a cutoff somewhere or I'll be listing all the matches around Tampa and then south Florida as well.

Might list it anyway since it may be the closest thing worth going to on the first Saturday of the month. Williston range looks like a closet and I'm not sure if the New Smyrna first Saturday match is still going and if it's sanctioned - waiting on the match director to get back to me.

...not sure if the New Smyrna first Saturday match is still going and if it's sanctioned - waiting on the match director to get back to me.

Heard back. They run sanctioned USPSA matches on the first and fourth Saturday every month.

I see you're stretching out further and further. Might as well include Talon Range in Midway (Tallahassee). Right off I-10. Straight line from Jax. They shoot the first Saturday of the month, and lately have been adding the first weekend of the month. Shoot one class/division on Saturday and another on Sunday.

http://www.talontraininggroup.com

Coach.

I see you're stretching out further and further. Might as well include Talon Range in Midway (Tallahassee). Right off I-10. Straight line from Jax. They shoot the first Saturday of the month, and lately have been adding the first weekend of the month. Shoot one class/division on Saturday and another on Sunday.

http://www.talontraininggroup.com

Coach.

Trying to keep it within 150 miles of Jax unless there's few/no other choices. Space Coast is an hour and a half drive vs almost three hours to Talon.

SEPSA also has a 3 Gun Nation match first Saturday of the month. Not a part of their web site but can find on Facebook.

Lots of old farts (including me) don't do the instafacetweetbook thing. If there isn't a proper website or page on gunmatchadvisor that can easily be checked without having to log in to anything, I'm not going to list it. Only 3 gun nation event I found on gunmatchadvisor is the one at GTR, just added it to list.