Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

50k Rounds, one year.

mach1soldier

Decided to start an internet log of the next year.

I have been shooting USPSA a little over a year now. I'm A class in limited and SS. Mostly a SS shooter though.

My goal for the year is to shoot 50k rounds in practice. That is 4 days a week of livefire, 4-6 days of dryfire for 15-20 minutes a day.

Hopefully this propels me to M or GM.

This week started with working on 25 yard bill drills.

Cold time without any warm-up, 4:09 with 3A / 3C. Would like to be closer to 3.0 with mostly A's.

I'll keep updating my progress.

Save yourself a lot of time and money in practice by getting some regular training through the year to perfect your skills. That would yield a lot better result at the end of the year verses blasting through 50K and hoping that it helps you get better.

IIRC, both Shannon Smith (Universal Shooting Academy, Frostproof) and Manny Bragg (Volusia area) offer classes. Dave Pruitt (Volusia area) does, too, but he is primarily an Open shooter. Shannon does shoot Open, but he is mostly iron sights. Manny is all irons, I believe. There may be a couple others in our area, but I can't think of them.

I actually took a class with Tim Herron late last year. Very informative and gave me a lot to work on.

I'll see if any of the local guys are offering classes later in the year. Thanks for the list.

EDIT, Josh.....Josh....Josh.

Edited by mach1soldier