Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Updating Nooks with latest version of Practiscore

earthshine402

Well, it is approaching the start of the outdoor season here in New Hampshire and we are gearing up for the season.. Looking to make sure our Nooks are up to date..

I go here http://rootnscoreit.com/and it tells me "if you already have a rooted nook, click on the Tourist Class".. but this page is all in Latin or something... can you not just re-do the original express installation with the new version of Practiscore? Did I just get trolled?

If the nooks are already rooted and have a old version of PS installed, get on WiFi with an internet connection, run PS and choose Import/Export from the main menu. Scroll to to bottom of that screen and choose "Update App". That should do it...

If the nooks are already rooted and have a old version of PS installed, get on WiFi with an internet connection, run PS and choose Import/Export from the main menu. Scroll to to bottom of that screen and choose "Update App". That should do it...

Thank you

The import/export option isn't there on the nook simple touch. I don't see a way to update the app anywhere. A fresh install maybe the easiest option.

post-30821-0-58352700-1459298962_thumb.j

The import/export option isn't there on the nook simple touch. I don't see a way to update the app anywhere. A fresh install maybe the easiest option.

Probably too old of a PS version. You should be able to download the APK from the PS website, connect your pc to the NST by USB cable and transfer the APK file to the NST and open it there. It looks like R&SI now has version 1.2.30 which is a hair newer than what you showed in the pic. The current version is 1.3.10. I am not fully familiar with your systems as I did not use R&SI...

Ok, I have version 1.3.10 on my nooks. When I try to update my app it says "for security your phone is set to block installation of applications not sourced in Android Market". How do I remove this block?

Settings on the device itself (push the Nook button and bar comes up at bottom), or in the browser options? Either way I am not seeing anything that allows me to allow third party anything in either of those.

If you have NookColorTools app on your device, open apps and check the 3rd party checkbox.

If you don't have it, it is probably easiest just wipe out device and install rootnscore on it.

Well, it is approaching the start of the outdoor season here in New Hampshire and we are gearing up for the season.. Looking to make sure our Nooks are up to date..

I go here http://rootnscoreit.com/and it tells me "if you already have a rooted nook, click on the Tourist Class".. but this page is all in Latin or something... can you not just re-do the original express installation with the new version of Practiscore? Did I just get trolled?

No, Chris Wren just never did that particular page. What you're seeing is dummy "lorem ipsum" text to give the developer an idea of what the page will look like when completely filled out. It's a common technique; Chris just hasn't gotten back to that page.

• 1 month later...

I'm helping a buddy get his Nook ST setup for scoring. Got it rooted and practiscore installed but can't find the update apk file. I moved the file to the Nook with a cable from my puter and I can see the file is there on the Nook from my puter but can't find it from the Nook.

How do I find or run the update from the Nook? If I can't find the apk file and run the update I will ask him to register for a dropbox acct as that worked for my Nooks.

Is there a file explorer on the Nook to access files? I can't figure out how to access files on the SD card either, how do I that?

when I update app from 1.3.8 to 1.3.14 the "new" PS shortcut isn't on my home page. Old one is still there just deactivated. I can get the new one added to the home page, my question is how can I remove the old shortcut from the home page?

to remove the old practiscore icon tap and hold the icon and it will pop up a menu that will allow you to remove it. Getting the new practiscore icon to show up on the desktop depends on the version of root that was done to the Nook. For my nooks I can click on the 4 square icon on the bottom middle of the page and that will take me to the main desktop that has all of the installed apps. find the practiscore app then tap and hold it. doing this should drag the icon to your special desktop where the old icon use to be.

yep, I can drag and drop the new icon just fine. Tap and hold the old one doesn't bring up the popup box. Is there a setting locking any changes to the "special desktop"?

john

I've gone sort of a different route.. it was easier and faster to simple create a drop box acct and drop the practiscore file there.. then download the drop box app to the nook, and then log into drop box and download direct from there. It works pretty well for me..

Sort of a moot point since we will soon be switching over to ipad 2's..

I've gone sort of a different route.. it was easier and faster to simple create a drop box acct and drop the practiscore file there.. then download the drop box app to the nook, and then log into drop box and download direct from there. It works pretty well for me..

That's exactly what I used to do; worked VERY well and very easy to update a whole fleet of devices in fairly short order.

yep, I can drag and drop the new icon just fine. Tap and hold the old one doesn't bring up the popup box. Is there a setting locking any changes to the "special desktop"?

john

The desktop may be locked. You may need to unlock the desktop before you can remove the old icon.

john

Tap the circle with the horizontal lines that is located at the top center of the display, then "more" and then the lock or unlock desktop option should appear...