Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Very true about that young man with the RPR. He was doing a solid job every stage. Thanks again for the fantastic opportunity yesterday. I made up for Stage 1 with that truly awful Stage 2, remember? All about learning from my mistakes!

Scores came out. I was 33 of 38 in the Bolt Action division. Not last, so that was a good thing. I think my best stage placement of the day was 22nd.

I shot my new RPR in 308, Saturday was only the 2d match I've shot with it. I'm used to a Sako TRG in 6.5x47. I had almost the same score with the RPR Saturday as I did last month at the guardian with my Sako. A couple of stages Saturday were set up easier than last month and I didn't repeat some of my errors. But I created new ones. On the boat stage Saturday I couldn't find the right target at 500 through the vegetation then got off track and shot the 700 instead moving to the others side of the range and shooting the 600.

The RPR is a solid platform, even with a 308 dinosaur. I ended up 21st on the combined results.

Edited by TRG65

I agree that the 500 yard target on the boat was a challenge. I kinda used the Force to determine where I thought it was and sent it. When they said it hit, I sent another to the same spot in the grass.