Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help Me decide on a limited pistol!

travisb2352

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite there being a 500 year flood raging in Houston, TX I still received my replacement gun from Bobby and Matt at Freedom Gunworks/Ck arms just ONE week after contacting them about the original issue. I could not be happier and i dare you to find better customer service than these guys. Plus its just a beautiful gun. Thanks again Bobby and Matt

Freedom%20GW.jpg

Edited by travisb2352

I've noticed that its an FGW slide and not a CK. Have you requested for it? No extra cost I presumed.

Freedom Gunworks build all of their handguns on CK Arms Frames.

Edited by S&W686

I've noticed that its an FGW slide and not a CK. Have you requested for it? No extra cost I presumed.

Freedom Gunworks build all of their handguns on CK Arms Frames.

yep i know this. just out of curiosity that i asked because on the original pistol it was all CK.

I'm having a little bit of difficulty easily reaching the mag release with my thumb (smaller to avg size hands), is adding a paddle style button difficult? is this something I could do myself easily or should I get someone to do it? Also any mag button recommendations would be very welcomed

I'm having a little bit of difficulty easily reaching the mag release with my thumb (smaller to avg size hands), is adding a paddle style button difficult? is this something I could do myself easily or should I get someone to do it? Also any mag button recommendations would be very welcomed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPP2j7xnmFU

Very easy to do - here is a video of Dave installing a new mag catch (in case yours is not tapped for a button). I do not use a button so I would not have one to recommend. There are plenty out there. STI, dawson lo mo pro, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPP2j7xnmFU

Very easy to do - here is a video of Dave installing a new mag catch (in case yours is not tapped for a button). I do not use a button so I would not have one to recommend. There are plenty out there. STI, dawson lo mo pro, etc.

Thanks! looks easier than I thought it would. Contemplating just getting a right side button and going from there

The CK Arms steel grip uses a proprietary mag release. I doubt that any of the right side releases would work. If your release is not drilled and tapped, contact Matt.

Just looked, it's drilled and tapped. I'll find a button I like??

The CK Arms steel grip uses a proprietary mag release. I doubt that any of the right side releases would work. If your release is not drilled and tapped, contact Matt.

Just looked, it's drilled and tapped. I'll find a button I like

The mag release button from Brazos will not work on the CK Arms Steel grip. I purchased one for my Freedom Gunworks Limited gun found that the button hit the grip before it was able to release the mag. I ended up purchasing the mag release button from Dawson. It works very well.

Edited by S&W686

Just looked, it's drilled and tapped. I'll find a button I like

The mag release button from Brazos will not work on the CK Arms Steel grip. I purchased one for my Freedom Gunworks Limited gun found that the button hit the grip before it was able to release the mag. I ended up purchasing the mag release button from Dawson. It works very well.

post-5971-0-33323600-1458158689.jpg

Just ordered the Dawson Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I just picked up a CK Limited Hardcore and the Mitchell Custom right side mag catch will work, but you can see threads on the left side screw because it hangs up on the rounded edge of the frame. I also picked up the Arredondo paddle button in case I have any issues with the Mitchell. I have short thumbs and the paddle makes it so I barely have to regrip for a reload.