Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help Me decide on a limited pistol!

travisb2352

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JJ at Magnus Sports USA in Las Vegas just sent me a picture of my new CK....gets here Wednesday, pumped to get my hands on it CK.jpg

That's a high performance pistol you got there. You won't regret buying that

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Picked up the new CK thunder yesterday, what a nice, well made gun. It feels great, I lubed it up and will be using it at my weekly indoor match tonight.

One question though.... I read the letter from Bobby that said that the aftec extractor comes with only one spring installed and after 5k rounds I should install the next other. What is the reasoning behind this? Also what issues will there be with one/or both springs installed? Im new to 2011's so I am going to follow the break in to the letter, but I am curious as to the reasoning behind installing one spring

CK2.jpg

If you put the other spring the extactor tension would be too tight causing failure to battery. Let the other spring wear off first before installing the other

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edited by bonglee0507

I would go with a CK Arms. You can get them a Shooters Connection or Magnus Sports. Give Bobby a call at Freedom Gunworks, he will answer all your questions about his guns. Very helpful.

Shot it at a match last night, used Atlanta Arms 40 SW 180 grain JFP ammo, lots of jams but I chalk it up to the break in period. What a fun gun to shoot

Are you using tuned mags? I had issues with mine out of the box until i used tuned mags. It has run like a top since then.

Shot it at a match last night, used Atlanta Arms 40 SW 180 grain JFP ammo, lots of jams but I chalk it up to the break in period. What a fun gun to shoot

Are you using tuned mags? I had issues with mine out of the box until i used tuned mags. It has run like a top since then.

I have two new MBX mags and 3 standard STI mags. I've never tuned a mag before any recommendations on the process or tools and measurements. Is the tuning CK arms specific or is it on a gun by gun basis?

Edited by travisb2352

I have two new MBX mags and 3 standard STI mags. I've never tuned a mag before any recommendations on the process or tools and measurements. Is the tuning CK arms specific or is it on a gun by gun basis?

There used to be a thread on 2011 mag tuning. Next time you take the gun out pay attention to which mag you have the failure with. The feed lips may need adjusting. I would be surprised if it you had issues with any of the mbx mags those are supposed to be good to go out of the box from what i hear

image_1.jpeg

image.jpeg

So I took the slide off for the first time to put some oil on the rails and saw these marks by the disconnecter. Should I be worried? Do I need to contact Ck or is this something that's cosmetic only and won't effect function and I should keep putting rounds down it. For reference I've only shot about 150 rounds through it so far and it's my first 2011 so I'm nervous.

So I took the slide off for the first time to put some oil on the rails and saw these marks by the disconnecter. Should I be worried? Do I need to contact Ck or is this something that's cosmetic only and won't effect function and I should keep putting rounds down it. For reference I've only shot about 150 rounds through it so far and it's my first 2011 so I'm nervous.

Really don't know what could have put those marks onto the frame and if it did happen to make it through QC, it should not have.

It shouldn't impact the function at all, but if you want you can return the gun and get a replacement. We want you to be happy with your pistol.

~ Matt Cheely (the C in CK)

Really don't know what could have put those marks onto the frame and if it did happen to make it through QC, it should not have.

It shouldn't impact the function at all, but if you want you can return the gun and get a replacement. We want you to be happy with your pistol.

Thanks Matt. I just sent Bobby an email about getting it replaced. Thank you very much for your quick response, y'all have been super easy to deal with.

Thats what im talking about! Excellent customer service

Thats what im talking about! Excellent customer service

Really happy I chose CK

Just wanted to give an update. Bobby received the gun today emailed me immediately and is sending me a BRAND NEW gun. Matt and Bobby have gone above and beyond customer service wise to make sure I am happy with my purchase. I could not be happier with my experience with CK/freedom gun works. Them sending a brand new gun, all from me sending pictures of some cosmetic damages and scratches is definitely above and beyond what I expected. Thanks Bobby and Matt!

Edited by travisb2352

Just wanted to give an update. Bobby received the gun today emailed me immediately and is sending me a BRAND NEW gun. Matt and Bobby have gone above and beyond customer service wise to make sure I am happy with my purchase. I could not be happier with my experience with CK/freedom gun works. Them sending a brand new gun, all from me sending pictures of some cosmetic damages and scratches is definitely above and beyond what I expected. Thanks Bobby and Matt!

Very good!

Very good!

Yes, not only were they super responsive, but the new pistol is getting dropped off to my FFL monday. Very Quick turnaround