Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW DAWSON SIGHTS

Superpipe9

Unfortunately, I cannot help you, as I was unaware that Dawson was now making these sights. Do you have a photo of what the rear sight looks like? I see the Dawson website doesn't have a photo of them yet.

I recently had the CZ Custom Shop remove the target sight that came on my CZ 75 SP-01 Custom Shadow and replace it with one of their "HTAC" sights made for the Shadow. I also had them machine the notch in the HTAC sight to .140" wide from the stock .125". Replacing this sight required replacing the front with a 5.5mm tall front fiber optic to match the new HTAC rear sight's lower profile.

I am very happy with this set-up, but would really like to see what the Dawson sight looks like.

Edited by 45 Raven

Just an FYI.....I spoke to Michael at Dawson this morning to ask about sights for a 75B.

He told me the competition fixed sights (front and rear) labeled "CZ 75 SP-01" would fit the 75B and the SP-01. I didn't get a chance to ask him about the Shadow.

I wonder if they are the same as the CGW EZ/D sights?? Which are excellent, by the way.

No they are not. said to be the same sight as CZ 75 SP-01 Fixed Competition Black Rear Sights but cut/adjusted for the Shadow slide.

The blade is quite a bit narrower. I think mine measured mid-low .500's (wide) if I remember right. (Same width as the top of the factory SP-01 night sights.)

The Dawson are a great quality sight and have a great sight pattern on the rear sight. It relay draws your eye to the front sight and does not overhang to interfere with a stock hammer,...just not wide enough rear blade for me.

Edited by Hallz

So I called Dawson this morning and they said that shadow/sp-01 sight set would not fit the shadow slides and it was a mistake made when they posted the description. I asked if he was positive and he said yes but keep a eye out for them in the future and if they slow down they might make them. Really sucks, I wanted a set.

Superpipe 9: Don't know if you would be interested, but here's what I did to my Custom Shadow purchased from CZC:

1. Shortly after purchase, I found I did not care for the big target style rear sight that comes on the Shadow.

2. Visited with Stuart at CZC, and here's what we came up with:

a. Replaced the rear sight with a CZ "HTAC" rear sight made specifically for the Shadow

b. Had them machine the notch in the HTAC sight to .140" wide from it's stock .125" dimension

c. Replaced the fiber optic front sight with a shorter one (5.5mm tall) to match the lower profile of the new rear sight

The end result is a great sight picture with a nice F/O front and adequate daylight in the rear notch. Reminds me very much of a Warren-Sevigny or Taran Tactical rear with a fiber optic front on a Glock G34

Might be worth a try if you are interested.

I wonder if they are the same as the CGW EZ/D sights?? Which are excellent, by the way.

No they are not. said to be the same sight as CZ 75 SP-01 Fixed Competition Black Rear Sights but cut/adjusted for the Shadow slide.

The blade is quite a bit narrower. I think mine measured mid-low .500's (wide) if I remember right. (Same width as the top of the factory SP-01 night sights.)

The Dawson are a great quality sight and have a great sight pattern on the rear sight. It relay draws your eye to the front sight and does not overhang to interfere with a stock hammer,...just not wide enough rear blade for me.

was just curious because Dawson manufactures the CGW sights... or at least the ones I have ordered have come with Dawson instructions.

• 9 months later...