Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cost of getting into PCC

Glock pistol $400-500

ENDO tactical AR stock adapter $40

Buffer tube, but, end plate $60

Stock $30-200 (so many options)

Stamp $200

You can run iron or add optic of your choice (slide mount or frame mount.

Looking to run mine this mount at the local match. First time in PCC.

97ACE77F-46F8-4431-8C24-59DB010D3CF4_zps

Wouldn't a frame mounted dot be a little nicer to shoot?
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello: Our upcoming match here they have 7 people that are shooting PCC and only 1 shooting Carry Optics. So you tell me which one is more popular here. If your match director is not allowing PCC he is missing out on future members shooting his match. I don't see a problem with PCC for local matches if your range allows them on pistol bays. The more that can play the better the day. Thanks, Eric

I'm not sure of how popular PCC will be in USPSA, but I work Part time at a gunstore, we can't keep Sig MPX's or CZ Evo's in stock. I've just heard today that we have a wait list for them!

That's not going to change either. I waiting like 3 months for mine and just got it this month. Now the wait begins for my form 1. Suppressor should be arriving any day now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello: Our upcoming match here they have 7 people that are shooting PCC and only 1 shooting Carry Optics. So you tell me which one is more popular here. If your match director is not allowing PCC he is missing out on future members shooting his match. I don't see a problem with PCC for local matches if your range allows them on pistol bays. The more that can play the better the day. Thanks, Eric

More than likely he is missing out on current competitors shooting PCC. I don't see masses of carbine shooters looking for places to compete, I do see competitors looking for new things to complete with.

That said, pistol caliber carbine makes more sense than open minor.

Re: CO vs PCC

I got to talk tonight to both an other-division GM who's going for a classification in CO and an RO who's not going to allow PCC because of personal concerns about safety.

Compared to an open gun he says CO is significantly slower because the optic is cycling with the slide va being frame mounted in open. Noticeably slower. He's not a huge fan. That mirrors my experience with the optic on my S&W Victory (.22lr) for Steel Challenge which sits on a non-moving rail atop the gun and is FAST like a true open gun.

As for PCC, I think several folks would show up if they could run their SBR's in something smaller than a three gun match. I'd definitely shoot two guns - Production and PCC. The RO's concern was about personal familiarity with rifles vs pistols and a greater danger of 180 violations, especially on stations with forward and backward movement around barriers.

I do think that PCC should be scored differently - perhaps 5/3/1/0 or even 5/2/0/0. This would encourage the tighter placement we should see with carbines and optics.

Glock pistol $400-500

ENDO tactical AR stock adapter $40

Buffer tube, but, end plate $60

Stock $30-200 (so many options)

Stamp $200

You can run iron or add optic of your choice (slide mount or frame mount.

Looking to run mine this mount at the local match. First time in PCC.

97ACE77F-46F8-4431-8C24-59DB010D3CF4_zps

Wouldn't a frame mounted dot be a little nicer to shoot?
I'm sure you're right. And my split time might be quicker. I had a ALG 6 second mount, but had sold it, before the whole PCC thing was mentioned.

But this set up allows the gun to be my back up for my primary CO pistol. Also no need for special holster with this set up vs frame mount optic.

Just a little R&D with my load and sighting in the pistol for a POA/POI at 25 yards. This target was set at 10 yards to see how low the impact would be. This is pretty quick double between 3"x3" boxes (size of a regular post-it note). Most of the groups are about 1.25" apart.

77B3EA81-A7B4-4258-8DFF-4A6DB7C35AA4_zps

Edited by knedrgr

Sub2000s are pretty inexpensive and a lot of fun to shoot. The MechTec is okay, but, without the passive safeties on a Glock frame, don't see how it could meet the starting conditions.

I'm surprised no one brought up the MechTec System. I think that would be a cheap way to get into PCC. In California, I think it is our only way.....

You can get almost any PCC in CA. Just needs to be compliant with AW regs.

JP, MPX, other 9mm ARs, CZ Scorpion, etc are all available (provided they are brought in dimensionally compliant as a long gun). Just no SBRs.

"The RO's concern was about personal familiarity with rifles vs pistols and a greater danger of 180 violations, especially on stations with forward and backward movement around barriers."

Sorry that's a lame excuse by them, where the hell do they think 3 gunners shoot? Yeah those same bays

I just built a 9mm AR around a dedicated lower with mostly CMMG parts before I heard of Palmetto's 9mm AR's. spent roughly $800 on major parts not including the optic and a flip up front sight. An AR9 could probably be built for around $700 or less if one shops around. Don't mind spending a little extra if the thing will run as I've heard horror stories of 9mm ARs not working. The rifle runs perfectly with my 133 pf Production ammo so I'm thrilled so far.

Hawaii is not an SBR state so I'm stuck with a long ass 16" barrel. I'm so jealous of you guys with those short little barrels.

post-18249-0-05567300-1465456996_thumb.j

Edited by blaster113

"The RO's concern was about personal familiarity with rifles vs pistols and a greater danger of 180 violations, especially on stations with forward and backward movement around barriers."

Sorry that's a lame excuse by them, where the hell do they think 3 gunners shoot? Yeah those same bays

Exactly right! If you are worried about it, it is because you have no experience shooting a rifle, no matter the caliber, in a "run and gun" style format. It is done, can be done safely.

Translating around a range safely is really no different with a carbine or a pistol. To think 180 breaks will be easier is silly and short sighted. People letting their biases, fears and lack of experience making a decision for them is even worse!

Oh yeah, and we have a waiting list for the pistol Skorpion CZ gun at our shop too, let alone the line for getting the carbine version.

Me using a pcc, and moving, and uspsa targets, in a match! The horror! Actually the super fun!!! 10415654_546779465502410_324846391474566

And you can do it with a regular AR as well....12279098_504799846367039_303879051328734

Both Taran and Jojo have frequent carbine matches in socal run on stages very similar to uspsa stages. And people love the matches!

PCC is super fun! It's cheaper than open or limited for the most part. It is just as safe as any pistol and they can be shot on uspsa style stages. If you're on the fence I say go for it!

We had 3 different USPSA matches this weekend, 2 of them offered PCC to try out. Between the two matches we had a total of 7 PCC shooters. I shot mine today at a match, and the thing keeps turning heads!

Hello: We had 10 shooting PCC this past weekend. I had a new Glock 18 mag that had some plastic flashing in the inside that ruined two stages for me. I should have taken it apart before I used it. Live and learn. The Mech Tech is working great for me other than the mag issue. Thanks, Eric

According to our MD, while they could not make it, several people contacted him to thank them for allowing PCC at our match. Little bit of a learning curve still but I had a blast.

Curtis and I both finished 3rd overall in each of the two matches, second to the same two shooters, an M Class Open shooter and a GM Limited shooter, both of which have backed up their classifications with major match scores. And, to boot, I shot a KelTec Sub2000, box stock and ran it with no competition belt or pouches. $500 with mags and ammo is surely inexpensive. :)

My cost to get into PCC was zero, I already had everything. I had a .40 Sub2K that takes Glock mags, and I already had several mags of various capacities. As the longer mags do not carry well in a pouch I just stuck them in my pockets. It ain't pretty, but it sure is fun.

I'll say this here for any match directors that want extra money for their clubs – if PCC becomes something I can get classified in I would gladly pay a second gun fee for PCC.

Being able to shoot production and PCC would be incredible.

Edited by mreed911

I'll try to get video uploaded on the other thread when I get home, but I was thinking of what it cost me to get into PCC, I kinda went on the deep end, 1600 for the MPX + buttstock, 55 a piece for 4 extra mags, and a 200 dollar tax stamp. So total cost a little over 2k. I have 3 2011's (1 open, 2 Limited 9mm. 40cal), none of which cost that cheap gun only...

Edited by DocMedic

I bought a CMMG MK9 and put a Vortex Spitfire on it. I've put about 1K rounds through it with no issues whatsoever. Ran some PCC stages with friends a few weeks ago and it performed flawlessly. I don't have any interest in making it an SBR. It works great the way it is.