Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cost of getting into PCC

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ exactly. And they are inexpensive. But mostly how they do in and out of the rifle. Mag changes with the Glock mag lowers aren't right for me.

Along with the added benefit of taking a 556 gun and adding a quality magblock for this style of mag lets you change calibers if you wish.

^^ exactly. And they are inexpensive. But mostly how they do in and out of the rifle. Mag changes with the Glock mag lowers aren't right for me.

Along with the added benefit of taking a 556 gun and adding a quality magblock for this style of mag lets you change calibers if you wish.

But they look ugly with the giant magwell and tiny magazine....

But the utility of it makes sense. Especially if you were gonna have an SBR, cause you would only need one lower for multiple calibers.

But they look ugly with the giant magwell and tiny magazine....

But the utility of it makes sense. Especially if you were gonna have an SBR, cause you would only need one lower for multiple calibers.

^^^ THIS

As for looks, I figure having something ugly next to my face makes me look relatively less hideous :roflol:

And I think the pistol mag based ones look bad with the mag jutting out at a rearward angle.

I think that the Glock mag ones aren't as good looking as a stick mag, but both look much better with the dedicated lowers.

But, you can't argue with the awesome availability of Glock mags being a bonus. You can go to any match, anywhere, or any gunshop anywhere and buy or borrow magazines. And if the world comes crashing down, using the most common magazines would be a good thing.

Marlin Camp Carbine and Ruger PC9. Neither one are sexy but both have had good success locally in our local carbine matches. I can't seem to find any for less than $600 each now which is more than I figured.

Prices and availability on these (particularly the camp) are what they are because they have a bit of a cult following. I really wanted a camp 9 several years ago and finally gave up and went with a 9mm AR.

PSA 9mm carbine, total for upper and lower: $700. Takes Glock mags, of which I have about 50 including a number of 33-rounders and such, so choosing that over colt mags was a no-brainer.

Threw a Primary Arms Advanced Microdot and riser mount on it for $170, found a decent muzzle brake for $30

...total setup for PCC: $900, and my normal 9mm reloads run just fine in it. (And my belt already has pouches for Glock mags...in case I ever have to reload.)

I'm thinking it would cost me more than that to set myself up in any new pistol division in USPSA...

You could find a way into production for that, $500 for the gun and $400 for the gear +-

Not going to have the best production or PCC setup but....

PCC looks to be a nice distraction from pistol shooting. I have never shot anything with a dot so I have a learning curve on the way.

Colt M-16. >$25,000

Do you want to go in halfies??? Crap we might need more people. Maybe we could talk some bums into selling us some organs for a value meal. Sorry that was of poor taste, but seriously think about it.

I'd shoot this with my CX4... would be a lot of fun!

The storm would be an awesome choice for PCC. I regret the day I sold mine, especially now. I never had an issue with it( other then it being but ugly). It was extremely accurate, and I would imagine they are pretty cheap.

• 3 weeks later...

I took a SBR lower I already had for 300 blk and 5.56 and added a bottom locking block to it. It runs on unmodified Uzi mags that I can get 32 rd, mags for $12 each. Now I have something I can convert to 3 calibers and only had to build a 9mm upper for. Runs like a top. My only want now is a couple of 40 rd Uzi mags that will feed well.

This is all a non issue for me. I don't know of any clubs near me that are even going to offer the division. Seems like nobody wants it around me.

It is just so easy to add to the scoring that there is no reason to deny even one guy the chance. If I were running a match I would just add it by default in case somebody wanted to shoot it. I believe, with it being a provisional division for level I matches it should be available.I would talk to the MD and if that doesn't work call HQ Edited by Sarge

Hello: Around here there are more people shooting PCC than Carry Optics. Some are shooting both there pistol division and PCC and others just PCC. Seems like a winner to me and lots of fun also. I am using a Mech Tech with Glock mags and a Glock 17 gen 2. Thanks, Eric

I'd pay for a second gun to shoot it if more ran it. A lot of times it's a local range restriction, which is something USPSA will have to work out.

Huh? Local range restriction....from what? (I'm not understanding what you mean.)

I know a bunch of local clubs don't allow shooting second gun, but that is a time issue, not a range rule issue. What range rule issue do you mean? (That USPSA would have to work out?)

Some ranges have pistol-only bays where rifles, even pistol-caliber rifles, aren't allowed. Hence a local range rule that would affect ability to offer PCC if those bays were the ones used for USPSA matches.

Edited by mreed911

Some ranges have pistol-only bays where rifles, even pistol-caliber rifles, aren't allowed. Hence a local range rule that would affect ability to offer PCC if those bays were the ones used for USPSA matches.

One range where I shoot a monthly steel challenge match has this restriction. I shot PCC in back to back steel matches over the weekend and on Sunday I think I could have sold 5 or 6 of them to guys that tried mine and want to start shooting it now.

Glock pistol $400-500

ENDO tactical AR stock adapter $40

Buffer tube, but, end plate $60

Stock $30-200 (so many options)

Stamp $200

You can run iron or add optic of your choice (slide mount or frame mount.

Looking to run mine this mount at the local match. First time in PCC.

97ACE77F-46F8-4431-8C24-59DB010D3CF4_zps