Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P320 9mm Load Recipes and Accuracy Thread

Magsz

Heya guys.

Im curious as to what you guys are running in your guns.

So far, ive got 100 rounds (I know, sad) through my brand new P320 of my old load which is a 1.12 length 135 grain Extreme Round nose flat point sitting on top of 4.0 grains of WST. I am also running a 14 lb wolf recoil spring and the gun has been 100%.

I have yet to chrono it.

What have you guys found these guns to like as far as bullet weight? What is proving to be the most accurate round for you all?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm running 125gr .356 zero fmj at 1.15x with 3.9 grains of tite group with a 14 pound spring. 14 is too light in my opinion. Going to 15.

Accuracy is awesome but this was a super quick load to get me through a class. I will be switching to coated and fine tuning my load.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to follow this closely, and hope to learn something. I just posted in the General Reloading forum about using VV N320 powder for some 9mm loads. I'm going to try the suggestions in there, and see what I can get going.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've shot nothing but 124 out of my 320.

All rounds were loaded at 1.150 OAL and 3.9 grains of tite group using xtreme 124's, zero 125's, and currently blue bullets. Over 6K rounds and haven't had the first failure of any kind and its atleast a 3" gun. It would have to be in someone else's hands to see if it's better than that.

I'm going to follow this closely, and hope to learn something. I just posted in the General Reloading forum about using VV N320 powder for some 9mm loads. I'm going to try the suggestions in there, and see what I can get going.

I am doing 4.1 or 4.2gr of N320 with a 124gr JHP at 1.100 OAL

I'm running 125gr .356 zero fmj at 1.15x with 3.9 grains of tite group with a 14 pound spring. 14 is too light in my opinion. Going to 15.

Accuracy is awesome but this was a super quick load to get me through a class. I will be switching to coated and fine tuning my load.

I ran this load with the same recoil spring most of last year....at least for bigger matches. Crazy accurate and the sights return so quickly. The more I shoot them the more I believe 124/125gr bullets are what the P320 was made for.

I ran this load with the same recoil spring most of last year....at least for bigger matches. Crazy accurate and the sights return so quickly. The more I shoot them the more I believe 124/125gr bullets are what the P320 was made for.

I'm running the same load as Alma this year. I like it. Its just as accurate and to me seems a little softer shooting than the Titegroup load....you don't get as violent an impulse in the hand.

If I could find n320 I'd be all over it :(

I'm new to reloading, and don't know what is a good price or bad, but Graf & Sons has the 4 lb canisters of it. I wish I could find it locally to not pay the hazmat shipping fee, but I was able to bundle some other things so it wasn't too bad.

If I could find n320 I'd be all over it :(

Powder Valley has had it in stock for ages. All that's left is the 1lb containers but that should work just fine.

I actually just sold my P320 9mm FS. Still holding out for the new Target model. I loved the gun for USPSA type shooting, but mine wasn't at the level I wanted for Bianchi stuff without throwing a bunch more money at it. It wasn't a brilliant shooter with my go-to accuracy loads, those which would do 6 shots into an 1-1.5" or so at 50yards from my best 1911's. I was really hoping for 3.5" or better. I fitted big black LPA target sights and did a bunch of bench testing, which yielded 4-5" groups time and again at 50. Bad? No, not at all. However, it wasn't good enough for the purpose. That said, I should have tried some 124gr loads to be fair. Some guns just won't shoot 115's that well, but I load them almost exclusively for my other guns.

I know Bruce shot lead 124 SWC's or truncated pills at Bianchi and his shot phenomenal groups. He was the driving force for me buying the gun. I just couldn't justify tailoring a load to only that gun when I have 10 other pistols that shoot ragged-edge with my 115gr load my press is always set up for. When the new 320 Target is available, I'll probably circle back around to one. I'm pretty jazzed to hear they slimmed down the slide stop, that drove me nuts.

• 3 weeks later...

For the record I shoot 3.3 grains of titegroup under either zero or rainier 147gr JHP @ 1.11 which runs great for me.

I was just curious in my previous post if I was missing the boat and should be shooting 124 grain boolits.

Manderson... I think it's been confirmed, once you go above 115, any gains in perceived accuracy or recoil reduction is all personal to the shooter.

In general 124s are cheaper than 147s... Although not always, just typically.

I personally shoot 135 bayou's... They're same cost as 124s, lol!

Ok ben's podcast, most of the guys say they liked the way 147s shoot but typically will shoot 124s because they "run the gun better" and are cheaper in the quantities they shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

124 grain x-treeme and 125 poly coated (from black & blue and Kings) over 4.0 tit group seated 1.15". Shoots great from my 320C and 320F. More accurate than I am and no failures. Makes P.F. in IDPA and miner in USPSA.

125 gr Blue Bullet, 3.9 grains of VV N320, OAL of 1.142. Nice accuracy, and very soft. Haven't chronographed it yet, but is should make PF with a little (very little) to spare. I need to find a place to setup the chronograph to test the rounds

I keep wanting to try N320, but I can't ever find any that isn't way overpriced. There was a guy at a local gun show this weekend selling 1# containers for $53. At that price, I'll just keep living on the edge and using Clays instead. ;-)

Hazmat fee. I don't shoot nearly enough to order enough powder to justify the fee.

What a lot of guys around here do is get together and place a large order of powder & primers for multiple people. Hazmat and shipping get spread over everyone, so it's less of a consideration.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had any issues with flat points out of the 9fs? I am currently using 124gr berry fp. Have had some issues with FTE. Just changed out to the 1911 guide rod with a 12lb spring and going to give that a try with my same load. Not sure what is cauaing the issue. The gun is brand new. Had 300 rounds through it. Might be the addition of the deltapoint on top was a little much for 130pf ammo hence the reason for the guide rod spring change.

Reloading question, will varying the length on my "bunny fart" 147 grain tite group loads make a large difference in the accuracy?

It made a large difference in my M&P - about 1" smaller group at 25yd. It made no difference to my girlfriend's M&P. Same day. Same ammo.

Have to try it with your gun and see. They are all unique little snowflakes.

Edited by MemphisMechanic