Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FPS on 1911's...

fishpinoy27

I tried no radius and it was hard to rack, as mentioned above. I eventually settled on a 3/32" radius. It racks easily, but you give up some of the felt recoil reduction.

I've tried a no radius and a full radius.. Kinda hard to debate for me since I'm having issues slowing my light slide down the Flat one seemed to make the gun shoot flatter... Indeed it is harder to rack the slide but not even remotely hard to do... just grab the run rack it like you mean it ;) I'm going to be playing around with these over the next few days since I'm adding weight to the gun, I want to see how it all balances out and I may switch back to the radius FP stop.

i tried both. i now have basically a fps with no radius in my limited guns . i can feel the difference in recoil with my guns loaded with 171 pf ammo. hard to rack? just cock the hammer first and then cycle the slide. in unloaded starts its true, but how many time in a match is it done? not too often.

you can get the FPS off of ebay for $12 try it with all angle and if its not right for you, you have lost $12 and some time.