Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most grippy option for Stock 2

MilkMyDuds

Is there anything like the CZ VZ Diamondback grips for Stock 2?

I have the Xtreme and Henning grips, but neither is even close to the gripiness I'd like to have. I ended up putting on grip tape on top of the Henning smooth (without any texture) grips, but the grip tape still slides and glides after each session.

The only option left seems to permanently super glue the grip tape to the Henning.

How grippy is the SSI scale grips, compared to Xtreme and Henning?

The SSI are very grippy under pressure, but easy to adjust hands when you let off pressure a little. The only downside is that they are kinda thick. If they did a slimline version they would have my business.

Grip tape sticks well to sanded wood grips hit with a hair dryer

Yes, after I sanded down the wood grips, they really work well with the grip tape. The only drawback is that the wood grips are too thick for my small hands. I tried to grind them thinner but at one point it nearly broke at the thinnest part. I guess I over did it, even though they still feel too fat. So I stopped using it fearing it would snap at some point.

I sanded the top inch or so of mine to a point that I thought they wouldn't brake and they've done well. I like having them fat at the bottom as I feel I grip the gun well as opposed to my hands feeling crowded.

This is far and away the best stuff I've used. Builds calluses on your hands like crazy.

https://www.daddiesboardshop.com/mob-coarse-grit-black-11-inch-width-griptape

There are plenty of great sandpaper grip tapes. Talon, Dawson, etc. I love all of them. The only problem is how to make them stay in place... I grip really hard and the weak hand palm would shift the tape after just 1 dry fire session, especially on a not so smooth surface like that of the Xtreme grip panels. So far I find the only way is to apply super blue on the back of the tape.

This is far and away the best stuff I've used. Builds calluses on your hands like crazy.

There are plenty of great sandpaper grip tapes. Talon, Dawson, etc. I love all of them. The only problem is how to make them stay in place... I grip really hard and the weak hand palm would shift the tape after just 1 dry fire session, especially on a not so smooth surface like that of the Xtreme grip panels. So far I find the only way is to apply super blue on the back of the tape.

If your grip is clean and de-greased when you apply it, this stuff sticks and stays on better than any tape I've used. It doesn't shift around. The stuff I have on my grip right now was put on last summer and no shifting so far and I grip pretty hard too. Arms like and orangutan.

For the different tapes that do shift, I've always just run a bead of super glue gel around the inside of the outer edge. Just peel it up about 1/4" all the way around, run the bead and tamp it down with a flat screwdriver (ask me how I know not to use your fingers) and you're all set. It won't come off till you take it off with acetone.

If your grip is clean and de-greased when you apply it, this stuff sticks and stays on better than any tape I've used. It doesn't shift around. The stuff I have on my grip right now was put on last summer and no shifting so far and I grip pretty hard too. Arms like and orangutan.

For the different tapes that do shift, I've always just run a bead of super glue gel around the inside of the outer edge. Just peel it up about 1/4" all the way around, run the bead and tamp it down with a flat screwdriver (ask me how I know not to use your fingers) and you're all set. It won't come off till you take it off with acetone.

Thanks for the information. I am gonna try these mob grips.

Is this thing SSP legal? The rules say you can only swap in parts from another SSP legal handgun.

There are some things. Well worn Wolff 13# hammer spring. EG light one coil cut, 14# hammer spring with a full coil cut off, or wolff 15# spring with 2 full coils cut off. Buy several hammer springs in each poundage snip partial coils until you get your DA where you want it. Do a pencil launch test after each change, run 100 rounds in DA to verify it will fire. Record results, snip a bit more and repeat until it won't tun reliably. Then make a spring with less cut off.

Are you ONLY running Federal primers? With recent messing around, I've seen 6 1/2 pounds with modified 14# and 15# springs. But! They won't reliably set off my S&B primers and I can only assUme the federal match primers will go off.

Do keep in mind, I run about the same pull force you are at so the gun will be reliable with the primers I have. So, I really don't know how well those modified springs will run or last, etc. There are guys here that do run them... check with them on the pros and cons they have found.

I have the Tanfo SSI Scales grips on a Stock 2 Xtreme. I love them. I wanted a fuller grip than the thin EG grips and although these don't "feel" grippy, once you apply pressure they don't move around at all. Kind of like your skin pours into the voids- but not uncomfortable.

post-62864-0-53045700-1458622706_thumb.j

I've tried several styles of grips on my stock 2's , I have small hands so I needed grips that had a thinner taper so I could manipulate the slide stop and reach the mag release better . I tried the Copper guns grips , Graufels , but the best I found for ME are the SSI Scale grips . Your hand just pours into the scales getting a VERY tight grip but the unique thing about them is I thought they would be uncomfortable and they aren't at all , I love them !!

My favourite is the ssi scales too.

Second favourite are the old version henning contour smooth grips. The 3m safety walk grip tape stick to them really well. Shooting once a week I only needed to change it every 6 months or so.

• 1 month later...

I also have the Henning smooth grips. I use Jessup skateboard tape - I find it to be high quality. Mob grip tape is good too - just too abrasive for my taste. I clean the grip surface with rubbing alcohol wipes and allow them to dry. I then use my heat gun (or a blow dryer) to heat the tape up slightly to make it more malleable. I apply the tape to the grips. After getting the tape all set, I apply more heat while periodically stopping to firmly press the tape down with my thumbs. Apply more heat and re-press again. When I do that, the glue from the tape really takes hold. Never had a problem with it moving.

Dawson Precision sells BSI grip tape glue that I've heard works well. If the above steps don't work for you, give it a try.

https://dawsonprecision.com/bsi-grip-tape-glue/

https://dawsonprecision.com/bsi-glue-accelerator/