Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel grips

jtrump

I know this has been discussed, debating on buying the PT steel grip, I had a question though... Do I also need to purchase another mainspring housing, or do they expect you to put the plastic one that comes out of a 2011 STI grip?

Also, Debating on which magwell would be most appropriate, I'm a fan of the ice magwell and don't think I will need the extra weight with a heavy version magewell.

Take a look at the ck arms grip kit. It comes with everything except the trigger (which you already have from your current gun). If i am not mistaken you would need to buy a svi trigger bow for the pt grip.

Another benefit i found was the ck steel grips accept both sti and svi magazines as well... i have a freedom gunworks gun built on a ck arms frame. When i had the plastic grip i couldn't seat a svi mag. I picked up the steel grip and now both types of mags run in my gun.

hmmm... Well I do have a combination of STI/SV magazines.... Curious to know about the trigger bow on the CK grips... I'm not sure I like the texture as much, it doesn't look as aggressive, I like something that will chew my hands up, it also dosen't mention how much the CK grips weigh etc ;/ anyone know?

Edited by jtrump

Here is my PT on my open gun. It has a Dawson arched stainless MSH and an ICE magwell. I had to mill the rails about .004 to get it to fit correctly. The plastic MSH should fit no problem. The steel grip will probably need some sanding in spots before the grip screw holes line up and the magwel aligning with the retaining pin holes. I did all of the work on this gun including making the optic mount and racker :)5a0d331fba6063fcb19b162f468fd781.jpg

bf27068eb00ce1339942c5c0c9e84fe1.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Edited by MrPostman

Nice looking postman, I believe if I go with the stainless PT grips, I will also opts for a stainless MSH as opposed to the stock plastic sti one. Did you're stock sti trigger and everything work fine, and is that a dawson ice magwell?

Yes it is an ICE. The factory plastic trigger slid right in. I was going to use a SV metal trigger, but I would have had to polish it completely just to get it to feel as smooth as the plastic one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

hmmm... Well I do have a combination of STI/SV magazines.... Curious to know about the trigger bow on the CK grips... I'm not sure I like the texture as much, it doesn't look as aggressive, I like something that will chew my hands up, it also dosen't mention how much the CK grips weigh etc ;/ anyone know?

I weighed my CK gun before and after the steel grip- i think it added 10 ounces.

Also it seemed that the CK grip is more for STI triggers. Like any grip however, you can fit an SVI bow, which is what I did.

Edited by earthshine402

I have a Freedom Gunworks Limited gun with the CK Arms Steel grip and I like it a lot. I would say it has a medium grip texture and gives a lot of weight to the gun.

post-5971-0-33323600-1458158689.jpg

Edited by S&W686

Here's mine, it is an SVI grip with their stainless MSH and solid stainless magwell.

SVI is the most expensive of the options, but the others will do just as well. If I were to build another gun I would look heavily at the CK grip, looks rad.

258b2e58c41b36f47e3c84ec7a51c649.jpg

262793d86f561523e781ac2981595b20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the CK grip only come with a white insert? Or can you get black?

That never crossed my mind until you mentioned it. It appears all the guns on Freedom and CK Arms Facebook page has a white insert. You might want to call Bobby and see if you could get a black insert.

That never crossed my mind until you mentioned it. It appears all the guns on Freedom and CK Arms Facebook page has a white insert. You might want to call Bobby and see if you could get a black insert.

Pretty sure I heard Dawson makes the magwells for them, so I'm guessing a Dawson insert fits. Probably better to call and ask though.

Pretty sure I heard Dawson makes the magwells for them, so I'm guessing a Dawson insert fits. Probably better to call and ask though.
The Dawson insert will not fit.