Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Light Striking SP01...

Reverendpdp

4 hours ago, cjfung10 said:

I'm not Rowdy but have had experience with both springs. There is a difference if you're at home on your work bench tinkering and doing slow DA pulls.  You'll be a little lighter with your DA and a only slightly lighter in your SA.  But at speed, I would say no. A smooth trigger (by polishing the internals) makes a much bigger difference in the overall feel than going from an 11# to 8.5# main spring.  

If it were me, I'd make sure the gun runs 100% with 11# (because it should with all the goodies/polishing), then if it does, repeat with 8.5#.

Thank you for the information. I have the 11.5# spring sitting on my workbench, but trigger is so nice I hate to screw with it. That said, I need reliability. Not much fun starting every stage with a "no bang". I ordered the CZC firing pin and spring and will give that a try when I get it. 

3 hours ago, rowdyb said:

there is a difference yes, but i think you'll find it tolerable.

Yep, I put the 11.5# on my Shadow and went to the range to try it out. After a hundred or so rounds I didn't notice the difference. Went through 200 rounds with no light strikes.

Thanks.

• 2 years later...
On 11/15/2018 at 4:14 PM, NWfront said:

Can the Rami spring be used with the OEM firing pin in a standard SP01?   I'm planning to run a 13lb or stock S2 hammer spring so I'm not sure I will need the extended firing pin.

I don't see why not. It'll only increase ignition reliability over the stock firing pin spring