Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 or Stock 3?

Ck867

the stock 2 and 3 have the same frame (aside from finish) I think the stock 3 has a longer sight radius. I switched from a CZ SP01 to a stock 2 and love it. If you can, handle both the stock 2 and 3 and see which you like better.

Months ago you couldn't find a Stock 2 at a decent price and Stock 3 were showing up

I worked on both and shot both..... mechanism is the same on both ( except the hammer looks )

Stock 3 has an extra 1/2 inch of lenght and for whatever reason I couldn't transition fast

Stock 2 is sexy....it has a bull barrel and is more manageable since it feels more balanced .... did I mentioned its Sexy ???

The Stock 2 is supposed to shoot flatter, due to the bullbarrel. In practice, I think this is negligible. The Stock 3 is more nose heavy, which probably evens things out.

Stock 3 has better practical accuracy, due to longer sight radius.

Longer and heavier gun can hurt your transition speed, as pointed out. Personal feel and preference plays a big role here.

Trigger and grip is the same, as long as they are both the same frame size: small frame or large frame.

I have a Stock 2 AU which is a Stock 2 in Stock 3 length, supposedly the best of both worlds.

Edited by mrd

Love shooting both, the Stock 3 is a tad softer to shoot for me. I had a CZ SP-01 for a month and a match and sold it to get the Stock 3, I much prefer the Large Frame magazines. You won't go wrong either way... both Stocks look sexy, but the Stock 2 is sexier as mentioned.

post-3273-0-55332100-1458234689_thumb.jp

The Stock 2 AU is the stock 2 just longer.

I have a Stock 2 Xtreme AU.

I chose it over the Stock 3 as it has the conical bull barrel, it locks beautifully it really feels great in fit and finish. which is the main feature I wanted that differentiated the two.

I still would love to add a stock 3 one day, but will prob just add another S2X!!