Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Starlight 3 Gun-Marble Falls, TX

• 4 weeks later...

The 2016 Starlight 3 Gun Championship will be held at the Copperhead Creek Shooting Club just outside Marble Falls, Texas November 8-12, 2016. The 8-9 will be the reserved for the Staff Match and overflow. The main match will be the 10-12. This year we will have 8 stages, plus a shoot off on Saturday night. I flew down to Texas at the end of January to take a look at the range and meet the locals. I'm really looking forward to this year. We'll be able to do a lot of things here that we haven't before. Expect this to be the biggest night time 3 gun match ever. Great stages, great food, live band, lights, lasers and gun shots, what could be better?

Registration will open on April 3, 2016 at 5:00 PM Pacific on Practiscore. I'll post a link a little closer to that date. You'll be able to register at that time and a payment link will be sent soon after. You'll need to pay within 30 days of registering or your entry will be deleted. If there is a problem, or you think you'll have a sponsored slot, just let me know and I'll work with you. My email is chuck@andersontactical.com I don't want to drop anyone, but if I don't hear from you, either a payment or an email saying why, I'm assuming you don't want to go.

Information will be posted at www.starlight3gun.com You can find more information about the venue at http://www.copperheadclub.com/ Hotels in the area are pretty expensive I'm finding. I would suggest booking as soon as possible. If you don't get in you can always cancel later. We'll have a small block of rooms available, but I won't know how many until we get staffing sorted out.

Timney Triggers is back as our presenting sponsor, as well as our two additional premier sponsors, the NSSF and Sig Sauer from last year.

Chuck Anderson is MD and Travis Gibson is the Rangemaster.

Just wanted to let everyone know we have a new website www.starlight2016.com

We have some new info up now and more should be coming in the next week or two. I have the stages in hand from the graphics guy and they look great, just need to make a few tweaks and they will be ready to post.

We are close to full for the main match. There are only 112 slots for the main match and 96 for the staff/VIP match. If you want to shoot during the main match you need to enter now. If you're entered but haven't paid or squadded you need to get that done as well. Choice of match (main/staff) will go in order that you paid for the match. If you registered months ago but didn't pay, you need to get that done. Otherwise you may have the pleasure and joy of shooting the staff match with me. If you have any questions, concerns, reasons why you aren't paying for the match (possible deployment, job change, sponsor slot) please email me at chuck@andersontactical.com If we already talked about it...email me again because if it happened more than a week ago, I probably don't remember. I don't want to boot anyone out, but I don't want people who want to come not able to get in because someone is taking up their spot without paying.

• 1 month later...

Yep, new website.  Rules and stages are posted. There may be some small changes between now and then but this should give everyone a real good idea what's coming. Let me know if there are any questions. 

The shotgun targets in stage 6 and 8 are not accurate. Shows a two bird swinger but it will actually be a single bird pigeon kicker. Posted the wrong draft but should have the correct version up soon. 

Ok, few questions to start planning my trip/gear:

Will the range accept ammo shipments?

Max rifle range about 200 like last year?

Is the range set up to work out of vehicles or would a cart be helpful?

Will we be able to get on the range to observe Wednesday night while staff is shooting?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone still deciding about this match, you should get in. Don't think you need to make a big investment in gear. The lights and lasers are fun, but more than a few people shot this match well last year with no more than a $20 headlamp from Walmart. 

Edited by stein

Sorry guys.  For some reason my notifications aren't working on this thread anymore.  There will be places to dump pistols on every stage for sure.  Staging pistols is another matter.  Ideally I'd say have a holster.  I usually try to have staging locations for every pistol start but I know last year I screwed up and forgot one or two.  I will try to have a stage location for everything for this match.  It just might add a bit of time getting to it.  

First off I want to apologize to all the shooters and staff for this match.  At this point we are going to have to postpone the 2016 Starlight 3 Gun event.  It will not be held in November, 2016.  We are currently looking at options to hold the event in early 2017.  At this point we could put on an event, but it wouldn't be up to the standards we need it to be.  I hope we will have a final answer on the plans for the future next week, but I wanted to give everyone as much time as possible to change plans as needed.  

Thank you all for your support of this match so far.  I, as well as several others, put their hearts and soul into this and I want it to be perfect.  If you can hang tight till next week I will have information on what's happening in the future. 

Chuck Anderson 
Match Director 
Starlight 3 Gun

Very disappointed, even last year, with the match being short staffed and a few other hiccups, it was the most fun I've had in my 5 years of shooting. Hope this match comes together soon, I'll be there. Thanks Chuck.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...