Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plated Frontier Bullets

ryan45kim

Rainier, Black Hills Shooters Supply, or T&T.

These prices are not for little orders (I think the price cut is around 35,000 bullets).

The guys I shoot with all get together and place one order so it’s not hard to hit 35,000.

PS I got my Para to shoot these bullets by fire lapping the barrel, once I smoothed out the inside of the barrel I stopped pealing the plating off (I never had a problem with my Bar-Sto, Glock, Kimber, or Wilson barrels). I think the problem was a rough barrel not the frontier bullets.

These bullets shoot as good as anything else I’ve tried.

my super shoots rainer 115s at 1500 fps without problems.

Very accurate

you just cant overcrimp a plated bullet, it all goes downhill after that happens.

even the cheaper, softer, thinner plated berrys bullet shoots good in my gun....with practically NO crimp.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 years later...

As a south African, they are all I use. Ten thousand .40S&W a year with absolutely never a problem. They are a bit more expensive than some other plated bullets you can get but the quality is much better

Just bought another 13 000 at the local IPSC handgun nationals last week

Edited by CZinZA

I bought 3K of these a few weeks back from a member on this forum, I got them for about what I pay for Rocky Mountain, I didn't notice any difference in accuracy so I'm going back to using RMR since I can't get the Frontier's for the price that I got the ones I have now. If I could, maybe I'd use them, they have a prettier box (RMR uses a USPS flat rate box) :roflol:

• 4 years later...
I've shot thousands of the 124gn RN out of my open gun in 38 super and they are excellent. Also shot plenty of the 135gn and 147gn in my minor pf 9mm's.

BeerBaron and I have probably shot 100k+ of the 124gn RN’s in the last 18 months. Most of these would have been out of Shadow 2’s @ 140PF with the rest out of Open guns (.38 Super & 9mm) @ 170PF.

Never have an issue with accuracy or tumblers. They are much harder than other plated Bullets so aren’t sensitive to crimp.

I shoot the 180gn RN’s in .357 Sig @ 180PF as well and they also work great.

FMJ’s are generally hideously expensive hear and we have no problems running these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over the last 14 years I have shot  9mm (147 gr), 38 Sp (158), 40 S&W (180 gr) and 45ACP (230 gr).

Never had a problem with them.

I have shot the 9mm out to 35 yds in a match and have got my down zero's.

They are the best that I have used.  Sadly the are hard to find now.