Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Ruger Preicion rifle

usmc1974

Or go to snipers hide and read 65 pages about them. I also watched a fellow ring the heck out of some steel at the Frontline Defense match last weekend. I was very impressed. If I was just starting out in the long range game, this would be my go to gun. I'd go 6.5 creed, and with some good glass, you are rolling.

Edited by shooter steve

But are they actually accurate?

I like the price and the features - but in the one review that I've read, they tried a good number of different factory loads in 308 and there was only one that would stay sub-MOA. I've shot a few old-fashioned rifles that would do sub-MOA with just about any decent ammo (a couple of target/sniper style rifles and a pretty plain Tikka deer rifle).

I'm having a respected 'smith, who does PRS guns, chamber and install a barrel and thread the muzzle on a rifle I sent for rebarrel. I supplied the blank and the break. The chambering was $340 and the muzzle thread was another $150. This was on a 700 action.

Based on this work $675 for a ready to install already threaded barrel is pretty good. That's like only paying $185 for the blank and a hawk hill or Bartlein will cost 350'ish.

I guess I was lamenting on the price of re-barreling compared to the price of the rifle, they also have a special barrel nut that is not standard (I guess)... so $675 plus smith work on a $1000 rifle just seems a bit high. But I suppose when you look at the price of a bartlein or other high quality blank for a 700 action, its not out of line.

Handled a 243, very nice gun,26" barrel action wasn't the smoothest,sure it might get better,overall excellent value at 1,049 , solid platform it appears, I'll stick with my TRG's , Yes I might be a snob for silky actions

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk