Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag release plunger

MilkMyDuds

I launched the little thing to oblivion during my first dissembling of the Stock 2. Does anyone know how it looks like? It's a small room and I am hoping to find it.

Or, where can I buy that little plunger? Or do I have to buy the whole mag release? Thanks.

The first time I took apart a Tanfo I lost the plunger when it shot across the room. Never could find it. I was ordering a few other parts from Henning so I just bought one of the stainless steel plungers he makes.

Edited by cakedog02

• 2 years later...

Dredging up an old post. I had the plunger shoot out, but found it. There's a spring still in my mag release, but is there a second spring that's supposed to be in behind the plunger? Or is there just 1 spring inside of the mag release?

Ok thanks! I thought I was going crazy, vacuumed and couldn't find it inside of it either. I was watching Memphis mechanics videos and paused it before I released pulling the plunger was going to make mag release come out too. Oh well I'll learn as I go

8 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Hahaha... :D 

I mentioned this in thevideo for sure. Always watch the entire process THEN step through it. Oops.

The classic bomb squad joke...

Cut the blue wire

...after cutting the red wire.

Hahaha... [emoji3] 

I mentioned this in thevideo for sure. Always watch the entire process THEN step through it. Oops.
I'll just hang my head in shame. Thankfully I'm not on a bomb squad or we'd all be dead. I actually watched parts 1 and 2 fully while waiting for my stock 2 to get shipped. But of course as I was doing the work I was watching and going at same time. Thanks for the videos, awesome resource! About to go find some better polishing compound or maybe those rubber silicone bits now. Been stuck inside all day with heavy rain

1 hour ago, DKnoch said:
16 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I'll just hang my head in shame. Thankfully I'm not on a bomb squad or we'd all be dead. I actually watched parts 1 and 2 fully while waiting for my stock 2 to get shipped. But of course as I was doing the work I was watching and going at same time. Thanks for the videos, awesome resource! About to go find some better polishing compound or maybe those rubber silicone bits now. Been stuck inside all day with heavy rain

Get Blue magic from Walmart. Thants to a tip from Johnbu. That stuff is fantastic.

Get the polishing wheels for your dremel.