Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.39 first shot, yea right....

9x45

+1. ^^^

Best I've seen is .18 reaction time with prepped trigger. With CED 8000

Never considered there is a minimum time that shot timers can measure? I always assumed clock started at beginning of beep?

The min time comes in when you try to use the par time function. I've never been able to get par times to work below .6 secs becuase it just sounds like one continuous beeb. But just recording shot times I routinely get .17-.18 times when I'm doing individual transitions on steel challenge stages and start the rep pointed at a plate with my finger resting on the trigger. Typical reaction times for people are around .2 secs ......

The min time comes in when you try to use the par time function. I've never been able to get par times to work below .6 secs becuase it just sounds like one continuous beeb. But just recording shot times I routinely get .17-.18 times when I'm doing individual transitions on steel challenge stages and start the rep pointed at a plate with my finger resting on the trigger. Typical reaction times for people are around .2 secs ......

Good to know that my .2 reaction time is "normal" ish. I try to train and ocassionally get sub .2 I've come to conclusion that reaction time training has limited results..... Better time spent training other skills...... ( I still do it most range days as warm up... Gets me moving on the B of beeeep)

Edited by biglou13

It is totally possible especially since they already had there hand on the gun. I reached my fastest draw the other day at .46 with my CZ SP-01 Shadow in 9mm with a bladetech drop offset holster. Hands relaxed at sides. That time was also to full grip not a retention shot. I can easily get a .56-.60 draw.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2016 at 1:07 PM, koideath said:

It is totally possible especially since they already had there hand on the gun. I reached my fastest draw the other day at .46 with my CZ SP-01 Shadow in 9mm with a bladetech drop offset holster. Hands relaxed at sides. That time was also to full grip not a retention shot. I can easily get a .56-.60 draw.

Not to distract but I was curious if you had any practice with a open/limited style holster?  I ask because I've had some excellent sub .7 draws using a standard BT holster in live fire.  Getting there with my DAA Racemaster has seemed to be much harder, I'm nervous about knocking the gun out during a draw when I hit the pistol hard.  I got my first dq in a match using that holster when I snatched the pistol so hard I knocked it loose without a good grip and ended up shooting the pistol into the ground trying not to drop it.  I'm tempted to go back to a standard holster like that but I'm using a Glock frame weight and it makes holster selection troublesome.  Is it just more of a finesse thing to get there with a open style holster?

On 8/6/2016 at 9:04 PM, biglou13 said:

Good to know that my .2 reaction time is "normal" ish. I try to train and ocassionally get sub .2 I've come to conclusion that reaction time training has limited results..... Better time spent training other skills...... ( I still do it most range days as warm up... Gets me moving on the B of beeeep)

agreed.  there are many other things to work on that will pay bigger dividends than trying to lower your reaction time by a few hundreds ... now if you're already a GM and looking for every edge you can get (particularly in Steel Challenge) then maybe  ....

• 2 weeks later...
On August 22, 2016 at 1:23 AM, nadurra said:

Not to distract but I was curious if you had any practice with a open/limited style holster?  I ask because I've had some excellent sub .7 draws using a standard BT holster in live fire.  Getting there with my DAA Racemaster has seemed to be much harder, I'm nervous about knocking the gun out during a draw when I hit the pistol hard.  I got my first dq in a match using that holster when I snatched the pistol so hard I knocked it loose without a good grip and ended up shooting the pistol into the ground trying not to drop it.  I'm tempted to go back to a standard holster like that but I'm using a Glock frame weight and it makes holster selection troublesome.  Is it just more of a finesse thing to get there with a open style holster?

I had a limited style holster for a while. I found the best technique for me was the sweep draw. 

On 8/22/2016 at 1:23 AM, nadurra said:

The more matches I work and other shooters I see use race holsters, the more I'm super happy I decided to go back to Kydex.

• 1 month later...