Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

180 grain bullet choices...

tanks

Looking to shoot Limited with a CZ TS in a few months once it comes back from grip reduction. I have N320, Titegroup and Bullseye in sufficient quantities (leaning towards N320) along with Federal Match primers.

What bullet choices would you recommend, and why? I am looking at Xtreme, Berry's HPs for plated and Zero, Precision Delta, and Montana for FMJ. I had good results with Xtreme in the past but that was with a .45.

I am looking to buy a few cases to start once a decision is made.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by tanks

I used Zero's for a while in my TS. Wanted to find a cheaper alternative and happened to shoot SC State Match which Blue Bullets sponsors. Bought some to try and havent looked back. I love the Blue Bullets using Bullseye since i have mass quantity of. Would like to try some N320 when the time comes

i shoot zeros 180 tcfm in my ts over 3.7grs of VV320 which recoil like a rabbit fart , or 4.2grs of VV320 for major at 1.135 aol. my TS is a tack driver with both load .

A Zero 180 TCFM @ 4.2grs of VV320 with 1.135 OAL makes major? What FPS or PF?

180 tcg bayou bullets. Dennis makes a great product. Coated with hitek coating the best on the market. Bayou Bullets have not lost anything after Donny sold it to Dennis. You won't regret buying his Bullets.

+1.

Bayou are good, I just bought Leatherwood to try them. They are GTG but a bit of a different profile. The coatings on both look good and I believe are the same, just different color.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

i shoot zeros 180 tcfm in my ts over 3.7grs of VV320 which recoil like a rabbit fart , or 4.2grs of VV320 for major at 1.135 aol. my TS is a tack driver with both load .

A Zero 180 TCFM @ 4.2grs of VV320 with 1.135 OAL makes major? What FPS or PF?

sorry.i've looked at my charts. it's 4.3 of VV320 at 1.135 good for 170pf at 930fps according to my pro chrony digital.

Been running - 4.0 gr of bullseye with 180 blue bullets at 1.15 ... avg 949 for 170pf out of a para 5 inch barrel

... also ... - 4.4 gr unique with same bullets and oal ... avg 954 for 171pf.

Both loads turn sub 15 sd ... (12-13)

My favorite, Falcoated bullets, is not being produced any more. So I shoot lubed lead TC bullets in my TS. 1.126" OAL, 3.6gr e3, CCI 500, 180gr LTC for 172PF, single digit SDs and one hole accuracy at 15 yards.

BTW, I cannot stand any of the HiTech coated bullets, because they make a nauseating smell when fired.

I'd recommend you order a sample pack of 100 from several different manufacturers and try them before you buy several cases of something you will come to regret.

• 2 weeks later...