Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pistols you can shoot in any sport?

• 2 months later...

You can always run an STI 2011 clone frame from Limited 10, Phoenix Trinity, CK Arms, or SVI/Infinity. It could be built into a gun to suit your needs for around a thousand bucks and you'll still have top quality parts.

Just about any pistol can be used for numerous categories, the exceptions are: Single stack 1911's are pretty much pigeonholed into their own category, but can be used in 3 gun if you can deal with the magazine capacity. Revolvers are .... well..... revolvers and live in their own world. The exception would be Steel Challenge. Most of the modern pistols can be used in multiple categories, but it doesn't mean they will be ideal for that category. If you go to a match, you will see certain brands of pistol dominating in different categories. Rather than trying to buy a pistol that will work in many places, find a division (and sanctioning body) that interests you and buy a pistol for that discipline. You will be happier shooting doing it that way.

• 2 weeks later...

I use a CZ SP-01 shadow for all my matches. I get 1st overall most of the time in 3-gun, USPSA, IDPA and steel challenge. Used it at the southeastern 3-gun regional this year and hung with the best of them on pistol.