Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fusion Speed Split Hammer any good?

EngineerEli

Hey guys, have any of you ever seen or heard of this hammer?

1911-hmr-14-6_pic_2.jpg

http://www.fusionfirearms.com/1911-parts/frame-parts/hammers/speed-split-hammer

I'm under the impression the stuff they make is pretty decent, that the guy that opened it was one of the main guys with Dan Wesson for a while. Anyone know how these are, and how they compare to the original that this is obviously a copy of the Koenig/EGW hammer? I have an amazon gift card and I'm trying to find something 2011 related to spend it on, but having trouble, lol...

I think I bought one years ago. I'm pretty sure it's just the EGW part.

How sure do you think it was, lol? Did the hooks come prepped at all, or does it still have to be stoned and polished? How did you trigger turn out with the trigger? Weight? Feel? Speed?

Stick with EGW, the old saying, you get what you pay for !!! George (EGW) has been in the industry for many, many years and has made thousands of parts for many of the Big name venders, that rename the part. That is not un-common in the industry. I did not make my barrels that I put into my guns, but it is a top barrel maker. People that are not familiar with the industry insides can't figure out why disclosure of the parts can't be mentioned. Not to say that the hammer is not a EGW part, ask Fusion, they may say if they can (contractual reason they may not).

Stick with EGW, the old saying, you get what you pay for !!! George (EGW) has been in the industry for many, many years and has made thousands of parts for many of the Big name venders, that rename the part. That is not un-common in the industry. I did not make my barrels that I put into my guns, but it is a top barrel maker. People that are not familiar with the industry insides can't figure out why disclosure of the parts can't be mentioned. Not to say that the hammer is not a EGW part, ask Fusion, they may say if they can (contractual reason they may not).

Valid point. I just sent Fusion a message, we'll see what they say...