Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hey from Wisconsin

jbv7

Hey all, My name is Jeff, I'm from midwest beer drinking state of Wisconsin. Im not new to shooting but new to competitive shooting. I would like to get started shooting competitively this summer and would like your expert input on how to get started and hone my skills

Thanks

Jeff get on the computer go to WI shooters ,com....Ronnie and Lori Casperrun the website and list all the WI clubs shooting 3-gun, USPSA and IDPA...show up for a match with your gun and 3-6 mags, a holster that covers the trigger guard and heavy belt...for USPSA bring at least 200 round and IDPA you can get by with 100 rounds. Three gun is more fun than a person should be allowed to have.

Jeff get on the computer go to WI shooters ,com....Ronnie and Lori Casperrun the website and list all the WI clubs shooting 3-gun, USPSA and IDPA...show up for a match with your gun and 3-6 mags, a holster that covers the trigger guard and heavy belt...for USPSA bring at least 200 round and IDPA you can get by with 100 rounds. Three gun is more fun than a person should be allowed to have.

thanks i appreciate the go get attitude

What kind of equipment do you currently have?

What type competitive shooting are you planning on getting into?

Are you reloading yet?

I'd start by buying a book on dry firing, and start practicing with

your current equipment, think about what kind of equipment

you want to buy and consider reloading. :cheers:

This will give you a head start - doesn't Spring begin in

Wisconsin around the middle of May? :devil:

Edited by Hi-Power Jack

Welcome to the forums. I used to live in Waukesha. The shooting season was about 6 weeks long from about mid June until the end of July. After that it was winter, lol.

I know what you mean but looks like a long summer coming, sorry for the slow response as I am learning how to check back on the post

What kind of equipment do you currently have?

What type competitive shooting are you planning on getting into?

Are you reloading yet?

I'd start by buying a book on dry firing, and start practicing with

your current equipment, think about what kind of equipment

you want to buy and consider reloading. :cheers:

This will give you a head start - doesn't Spring begin in

Wisconsin around the middle of May? :devil:

I am not reloading, well I reload shot shells but just started with that. a mec 650jr fell into my lap with a couple hundred rounds of shells, wads and powder. As far as competitive shooting the 3 gun looks fun. I have seen videos thats it. Plan on watching a USPSA match next weekend. I am very competitive and would probably like most but looking for advice on where to start. I don't have my pistol yet. I have an AR that I just built with a 16" ss barrel 1in 10 twist, no optic just iron as I wanted to see what most guys used. The only shot gun I have that is semi is a Remington 1100 1980's-90 vintage. I just bought Ben Stoeger's book. I do have a glock 23 .40 gen 2 vintage I could practice with. I am ready to purchase. A shooter I met said his friend has a Xdm 5.25 .40 with the trigger job, 3 mags, heavy buffer tube for $900. Any advice would be appreciated