Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Match

kdh

Hello everybody, I shot my first USPSA match last weekend and I enjoyed it very much, so much in fact I sent in my dues today. One thing I dont understand is the scoring system, does anybody have a link to a site that would explain it to me.

Thanks

Hi KDH - and welcome!!!

The scoring system is pretty simple, if ya get a Grrl to explain it to you :-)

You divide your points by your time.  

That's it!  All the rest of it is based on this number.  Which is called your hit factor.  He who has the highest hit factor wins the stage.

• 10 months later...

First of all let me say "Congratulations on a great site!"  I started just a little while ago and have been amazed at how helpful and knowledgeable the people are here.  

Ok a little about me, I started about one year ago at a little range in northern San Diego County by accident.  I went out to sight in the scope on my '06 for the hunting season.  There were a bunch of guys out there on the rifle range shooting pistols at steel plates.  Looked like fun.. So I went out and picked up a 45 1911 style pistol and a month latter I started.  It took several months but soon I was winning pins for beating 60 seconds for the five stages.  I guess I should say that this was a beginners 5 stage, 6 shot per stage match with very little movement involved.  

For the last few months I have had the good fortune of training with a GM and recently joined the USPSA with the plan of going to the next level of fun and excitement.  Last weekend I went to Norco and entered into a SSA competition.  This match had movement and up to 27 plates (no paper) per stage.  Well I ended up the newbie match winner and placed 16 out of 52 shooters.  I was shocked.  I look forward to learning more about this great sport and competing with the shooters in our area.

Jim