Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

48 Hrs.- USPSA Shooter Road Rage Killing

OPENB

Just saw a preview for tomorrow's 48 Hrs. Story is about a road rage or maybe thrill killing in Seattle last summer. Suspect in custody is a USPSA shooter who had posted his match videos on the net. He appeared to be probably a C or D class shooter by his videos. The prosecutor made him out to be a trained killer. Guy was a genius engineer that went to college when he was 12.

Does anyone know if this is the first time a USPSA shooter has had their cometitor status used to prosecute them for murder?

I watched most of the show today On Demand. Very little had to do with his shooting in matches, though they did call him an "expert" shooter. There were several references to his downloading how to get away with crimes vids and an obsession with James Bond. One clip was of Rob Pincus showing how to shoot a threat thru a car window.

I blamed it on going to college at such a young age.

:roflol: :roflol:

I watched the program last night, and it didn't reflect too badly on us ... :sick:

Now I worry that when anything bad happens, they will complain not

only about my stache of guns, ammo and components, but also the

fact that I'm "trained to kill" ... :ph34r:

I watched the program last night, and it didn't reflect too badly on us ... :sick:

Now I worry that when anything bad happens, they will complain not

only about my stache of guns, ammo and components, but also the

fact that I'm "trained to kill" ... :ph34r:

All they would have to do is look at my USPSA classification and they'd let me walk.

the fact that I'm "trained to kill" ... :ph34r:

All they would have to do is look at my USPSA classification and they'd let me walk.

From what I saw last night, they would NOT LOOK at your classification, at all -

they'd consider anyone with a D or higher to be "Trained to Kill". :surprise:

So, no free ride, Grump. :ph34r:

Military is trained to kill. They implied USPSA shooters are trained to murder. Whole different implication. For a devil's advocate point of view, say you are involved in a shooting that might be iffy, will your match video and classification be used against you? I know this is a POS who happened to shoot USPSA, but until he murdered that guy and tried to cover it up, he was Dinh the D class shooter from Seatlle. I don't post my match video, but I have a ton saved on devices. Beginning to second guess that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...