Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to buy a G34 frame?

762rocstarr

Gunbroker always has g17/34 frames

Was looking into building one from scratch in the past... It's kinda not worth it. Can find used or newish for a little less than building from parts.

Also, lone wolf frames are slightly cheaper than stock glock and supposedly they're nice in the hands...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G17 Gen 4, was even a FDE color, $206.00 out the door(I bought one)... There is a FFL on Gunbroker.com that has them normally.... Seems the FFL's can make more $$$$$ by splitting the pistol. If you can't find the gentleman, Pm me and I'll dig his name up.

Buying a used tricked out Glock can sometimes be a better investment IF your not "handy".... The Glock's are so easy to work over even for some one with limited skills.

i might be out of my lane here, but i think you're boned for a production gun.

"technically" the frame and slide need to be from the same gun, which would mean the non-matching serial numbers would be a give away.

On a local level I can't imagine any one cares, but there are rule-lawyers everywhere.

• 1 month later...

i might be out of my lane here, but i think you're boned for a production gun.

"technically" the frame and slide need to be from the same gun, which would mean the non-matching serial numbers would be a give away.

On a local level I can't imagine any one cares, but there are rule-lawyers everywhere.

Doesn't matter at all. The upper on a Glock is what controls the caliber, not the frame. G17/G34/G17L/G22/G35/G24/G31 are all the same frame except for the ejector (9 vs 40/357) I actually have 2 replacement slides of my competition G17s. Plus OEM Glock barrels carry serial numbers, but not aftermarket barrels.

I think the point was that it would violate "production division" rules. But it actually does not.

21.3 After-market slides and barrels – provided they are the same length, contour and caliber as original factory standard.

SLIDES: Current rules remain in effect – You may replace the slide with an OFM or aftermarket slide which is of the same length, contour and caliber as the original slide for that model of gun.

I think the point was that it would violate "production division" rules. But it actually does not.

21.3 After-market slides and barrels – provided they are the same length, contour and caliber as original factory standard.

SLIDES: Current rules remain in effect – You may replace the slide with an OFM or aftermarket slide which is of the same length, contour and caliber as the original slide for that model of gun.

While I don't agree with him saying frame and slide serials must match. To truly follow the rules If you have a Glock 17 frame you can only replace the slide with the same length and caliber. There is zero advantage and I don't think anyone is going to check a serial number for caliber though.