Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow broke

ZachJ

So I went to the range today for what was supposed to be 500 or so rounds of practice. Have shot about 5k rounds through it, and dryfired it on average 1-2 hours a day since June. Have not replaced anything in the fire control group (sear group, hammer, disconnector, trigger bar, trigger)

Different symptoms showed up throughout the practice session as it started to break on me.

First, was dryfiring some dot drills and it felt like the hammer might have slipped say 3/4 on the way back being cocked on a DA trigger pull, but I wasn't totally sure until after the shadow really broke.

Second, when I started a string, pulling the DA trigger would not cock the hammer at all. Absolutely nothing happened. Pulled it slowly a few times 6-7, and it felt like it caught on something then the hammer cocked back and dropped on the slide.

Third, in half-cock it would not cock the hammer at all through the pull until it reached around the area of where the SA pull would release the hammer. It would then release the hammer from half-cock onto the slide.

Fourth, it would not drop the hammer/raise the sear during a SA pull.

Lastly, as I type this, during an SA pull occasionally even when the sear does go up and drop the hammer, it sometimes comes back down(I think?) and the hammer stops at half-cock. It will not reliably drop the hammer on an SA pull.

I'm thinking sear, or disco, or trigger bar. WTF. Haven't taken it down yet as I just got back from the range

EDIT: These are all cumulative by the way, it didn't change from one symptom to the other. It currently has all of these sypmtoms.

Edited by ZachJ

It was the magazine/trigger bar spring screw. It loosened which makes sense as to how the gun got even more "non-functional" as I shot more rounds. Still really peeved as to how it worked its way loose. I'm pretty sure it was staked when I first got the CZ.

It's been cleaned and blue loc-tited and retightened. Everything works like normal now.