Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eye Doctor in N. ILL that's shooting knowledgeable?

mrgrabow

I'm in the 'burbs of Chicago, just west of O'hare. Looking for recommendations for an optometrist in the area who is knowledgeable on the specific needs of shooters. I'm 50+, facing typical age-related issues with front sight focus vs. target, etc.

Any suggestions on a good doc?

Thanks!

Mark

If you're interested in how I solved my vision issues (67), you could go to any eye doctor and just tell him what you'd like. This works for me: I'm right handed and right eye dominant. The glasses are bifocals with the lowers set for reading (to keep score). The right upper lens is set for computer length (just right for focusing on the front sight) and the left top lens is set for distance. I can't claim that I came up with this solution, a buddy did and I'll be eternally grateful to him because now I can continue to shoot without all the frustration I was dealing with. If you do follow my suggestion, let me know how it worked out for you. Good luck!

I had my prescription shooting glasses made by a place in Palos Park. They advertise in the ASC newsletter every month but I can't remember the name. They were really good and made me a pair of mono vision glasses that brought the front sight into focus. I'll try and find the name of the office.

• 4 weeks later...

I had my prescription shooting glasses made by a place in Palos Park. They advertise in the ASC newsletter every month but I can't remember the name. They were really good and made me a pair of mono vision glasses that brought the front sight into focus. I'll try and find the name of the office.

Thanks, Lucky. By chance you recall their name?