Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Run n Gun

Forum Donations

Cool! I’m glad this all worked out. Thanks Brian (you too Vincent!) :):):)

Just for the record, I don’t like the “star” thing either; I was just relating how others did it.

Ed

I told Brian that I intended to make this an annual contribution. I’m suggesting that everyone use their “Joined” date as a trigger to “reup”. Mark your calendar guys and gals.

geezer

This was all a coincidence for me.. I do it with my USPSA dues - If I ever remember and do a 3 or 5 year, I'll have to change my scheme...

I'll be cold in my grave before I make any sort of donation without a gold star!

And a special sub-forum for fellow gold star members so we don't have to converse with the unwashed masses.

It would be best to change the cool status symbol to something different from time to time, so it doesn't have time to become uncool like the little alligators on shirts. (Or like the Star-Bellied Sneeches.) The sense of exclusion should be maintained as a high priority.

The best reason to donate is not to support a worthy cause, or a site that cranks out Masters and Grandmasters like a factory. No, the best reason to donate is for a gold star.

I thought I had an unusually high number of orders today, for a Tuesday, but five were donations!

Thanks everyone!

;)

I'll be cold in my grave before I make any sort of donation without a gold star!

And a special sub-forum for fellow gold star members so we don't have to converse with the unwashed masses.

It would be best to change the cool status symbol to something different from time to time, so it doesn't have time to become uncool like the little alligators on shirts.  (Or like the Star-Bellied Sneeches.)  The sense of exclusion should be maintained as a high priority.  

The best reason to donate is not to support a worthy cause, or a site that cranks out Masters and Grandmasters like a factory.   No, the best reason to donate is for a gold star.

John,

Just for you! Gold_Star.gif But it's going to cost you DOUBLE! :ph34r:

Ed

The best reason to donate is not to support a worthy cause, or a site that cranks out Masters and Grandmasters like a factory. No, the best reason to donate is for a gold star

LMAO John :D

The most important reason for anything in the human domain has always been self aggrandizement ;-)

--

Regards,

Guilty, Guilty......That I am.

I have made a few donations to Brian over the years and for the last year or so I have kept telling myself it's about that time again. It has just been so dang crazy that I have just not gotten around to it.

Someone had the idea of selling stuff and giving the money to Brian. Good idea as I'm sure we all have something we don't need but another shooter could use and would pay a few bucks for.

And Brain I must say that the site keeps getting better and better. Thank you!

Now off to make my donation!!

Another idea that could be used in conjunction with or in place of the donation scheme is to have a reaffle of sorts. Say reloading equipment, training session with "SOMEONE" , firearms etc etc etc...

I like your honesty. Raffles are a good idea, we have them at our club now and again. Its a good monetary generator. There is nothing wrong with asking and you get way more out of instruction by doing it person to person. I doubt tightloop meant a "beat down".

No stars for me. Never really liked them. Was not really a bad kid in school, was just trying to keep from getting stars. ;)

Big thanks for reviving this thread and my memory.

Randy

BTT - time to revive an old dormat thread....

I'm not sure if I was even aware of this. Probably something I saw when I first started to casually look around here then promptly forgot.

But it does give me an idea. I have some older reloading gear that is serviceable but just gathering dust. Maybe it's time to put it up for sale with the proceeds going to support the forum.

Someone could also set-up an on-line auction on some donated goods - or use EBay for that matter and hit a wider market.