Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many matches do you shoot per month?

garbanzo

This will depend on where people live. Some people have only 3 or 4 matches a month available to them, and if there were more they would shoot all of them. Some people have 10 or more available to them and they only shoot 2-4.

I would shoot 4-6 a month if I could still be a good dad and husband. If the wife and kids are out of town, I'm shooting every match no matter what. Usually I'm attending 3 maybe 4 matches, with two of those being indoor matches in the evening.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering how many matches the average shooter attends each month. I currently go to a first saturday of the month match so only once a month, however, I'm planning to attend a weekly USPSA match in Norco. As of right now, the fiance seems okay with this but we'll see what happens in a few months/years...

Fiance? Yeah, that will probably work out okay, until the title changes to wife. Them . . .

I shoot 2 matches per month. It gets too expensive, and too much travel time, to maintain a 3 match month. Fortunately, I have an awesome wife that does not complain about my shooting and bike riding. 49th anniversary this year . . . woot, woot!

In a good month, I'll shoot four Level 1 matches. In a bad month, only one or two Level 1 matches.

Looking at going to two Level 2 matches this year...and maybe a Level 3 Area match if money/schedule permit.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just shot my first 2 weeks ago. The club I shot with has a 3 gun match monthly. My local club is starting up monthly as well. Most of the guys I met at the 3 gun match also shoot speed steel, so I'm sure I'll give that a try too.

3 USPSA and 1 Steel Match. I don't go to the range because I can't draw or squeeze off rounds fast (frowned upon). So I've found the best practice is shooting more matches. Where I also make more new friends and get more advice, and watch other great shooters throw rounds downrange. And it's cheaper than shooting at a range for 1 hour.

Winter months 4-8, summer months 6-10 plus majors. There are 2 weekly indoor matches within 45 minutes of my house and 8 outdoor matches/month within 2 hours in the summer months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk