Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
garbanzo

How many matches do you shoot per month?

I have only been shooting for about one year after taking 25 ish years off.

But I now shoot 6 times a month 

(Was 7, but it's just too much ammo)

The 1st Sunday - USPSA 

The 2nd Tuesday - action pistol league 

The 3rd Tuesday - tactical carry 

The 4th Tuesday - 2 gun

The 3rd Wednesday - steel plate races

The 2nd Thursday - regular steel shoot

I like doing a lot of matches since I don’t really have too many other places to shoot.  I’m doing three this week, for example.

Posted (edited)

Just started this month (just joined USPSA and shot my first matches) but for the next 4 months schedules I have minimum 2-4 a month.

if personal time allows I can easily shoot 2 a week for the next few months.

Edited by kmanick

I have been shooting USPSA and 2/3 gun for about a year now. I was hitting 3-4 matches a month and felt like I was making good progress until I started building a new home. Now I am down to about 1 per month. Can’t wait to get back to previous levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1-3 each month.  

Trying to get my 9 year old son interested so shooting can be family time 🙂

I try to do 3 local matches a month. The 3 matches I like to shoot are all about a hour to a hour and a fifteen miunte drive for me. The one weekend a month I don't shoot a match is because the clubs that host the match are 2 to 3 hours away. They club that is 3 hours away is lucky to have 30 people show up. The club that is 2 hours away usually had 90+ people show up and takes forever to shoot.

I try to make a match every weekend so usually three or four a month. I shoot USPSA, steel challenge, and GSSF so usually there isn’t a problem finding s match around me 

Shoot both IDPA and USPA.

Recently divorced ( not because of shooting Ha Ha) so I embraced my new Freedom and shoot a match just about every weekend.

Pretty lucky in my area, have a pretty good selection of both IDPA and USPSA matches.

1-2 per month, I just don't time on the weekends to do much more

I rejoined USPSA in the beginning of November last year after a six or seven year break.  I've shot 46 matches in the meantime so that's not quite 6 per month.

Total stage time was 1 hour 12 minutes with ~4700 rounds fired.  My classification improved 12% in the same time period.

Thinking of this another way:

Regular dry fire (15min/day) can earn you a whole year's worth of gun handling experience in just one week.

2 per month right now because of the long summer days and a local range that does a really nice 6-stage, Tuesday afternoon/evening match that fits my schedule perfectly.

Probably just 1 per month during the rest of the year....mostly just because of my work schedule. 

3-4 per month. Those are mostly Idpa, some USPSA and 3 gun is only one match every 2-3 months. 

On 2/22/2016 at 12:36 PM, pointerman1967 said:

On average 1.5 per month. Kids need my time so I can't just indulge in my hobbies liberally.

I heard that! I have 2 little rascals , I go maybe twice a month and Im fortunate enough that the matches are only an hour away.