Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fitting a T3 Disco

stickboy44

This is my second attempt at fitting this disco in my stock 2. At first the hammer would not fall in DA or SA, so I filed a little on the wing and the leg. Still the hammer did not fall, i put the slide on and the hammer started to fall most of the time in DA and SA. Some times in SA the trigger doesn't reset all the way. I'm running a 1 piece sear and the Titan hammer....I need to know where to remove metal so I don't destroy this disco

On tanfo, along with the "leg" like highlighted above, You will probably need to remove material from the under side of the wing. I did anyway. Be sure to file, test fit, file test fit, etc. a little bit goes a long way, if you take too much off the bottom of the "wing" it will drop the hammer too early in DA.

post-60152-0-45425500-1456157754_thumb.j

Fitting a T3 on a Tanfo is different than a CZ. Most do not need to reduce the wedge as pictured above. Most only need to remove metal from the bottom of the wing until the hammer will fall in DA. If you have a 2 piece sear than you have to remove metal from the top side of the wing as well.

Fitting a T3 on a Tanfo is different than a CZ. Most do not need to reduce the wedge as pictured above. Most only need to remove metal from the bottom of the wing until the hammer will fall in DA. If you have a 2 piece sear than you have to remove metal from the top side of the wing as well.

lol, wut?

just as it reads

The wing is for DA. If OP is having DA and SA, the fitting of a t3 is the same across the board. If the SA trigger doesn't reset, filing the wing will do nothing; OP needs to hit the wedge.

just as it reads

The wing is for DA. If OP is having DA and SA, the fitting of a t3 is the same across the board. If the SA trigger doesn't reset, filing the wing will do nothing; OP needs to hit the wedge.

Sorry I didn't read the op correctly. There's nothing you can do about the da pretravel that's production legal.

What part on the disco determines how short the trigger reset is?

Red is for SA pre-travel/reset

Aqua is for DA, i.e. if you want a stack in your DA pull, or steady pull to break. If steady pull, take out some of the 90 degree-ness out.

78e022b3-d49a-4ddc-94ff-810ad622f84c_zps

You guys really piss off my wife!

All this talk about T3 discos, short SA resets, smooth DA.... I've veen resisting this mod, but broke down and ordered two. The only question is how long I'm bunking with the dog...

All this talk about T3 discos, short SA resets, smooth DA.... I've veen resisting this mod, but broke down and ordered two. The only question is how long I'm bunking with the dog...

If she is pissed off about a couple of Disco's, I hope she NEVER sees the bill for either bullets, powder or primers :)

If she is pissed off about a couple of Disco's, I hope she NEVER sees the bill for either bullets, powder or primers :)

That's the problem....she did see them!

And I had to "fess up" about agreeing to buy ANOTHER stock 2 full of EG goodness, from a buddy that now is sponsored by a different manufacturer.

T3's came in today. Ran out and installed one in the S2 along with a cz sear spring. Using harbor freight diamond dremel bits, the pin hole was up sized in just a few minutes. Then polished with a qtip stub and compound spun in a drill. Needed 3-4 fittings to work. Initially DA wouldn't fall and SA dropped to about half cock. Removed a little off the nose, bottom of the wing, eased the edge of the wing and then polished it up. Only took an hour. Dry fired it for about an hour and it ran flawlessly.

One interesting note, the trigger pull weight didn't change (I checked, still 6# 10oz), but the feeling of stacking seems to be greatly reduced. The take up to SA is greatly reduced as expected. Overall, a bit simpler than I feared. But I did double check here to see where to remove metal and that was much appreciated!

Great info, thanks.

Can you explain how the da on the "back part of the nose" works? I had thought it was influenced by the "wing" on the side and not that the sa was influenced by the nose portion.

For such a simple system, it sure is involved!

Edited by johnbu

Great info, thanks.

Can you explain how the da on the "back part of the nose" works? I had thought it was influenced by the "wing" on the side and not that the sa was influenced by the nose portion.

The wing is for timing. If you want to change the timing of the hammer drop, or are having a timing issue, you can make a slight modification (angle cut) to the wing.

The back part of the disco (the angle) deals with the "stack" of the DA pull. For example, you pull in DA and right before the break, it gets a little harder to pull, then the break happens. When you fit the angle, it makes a smooth, no stack, or increase in poundage, to the break of DA.

Great info, thanks.

The wing is for timing. If you want to change the timing of the hammer drop, or are having a timing issue, you can make a slight modification (angle cut) to the wing.

The back part of the disco (the angle) deals with the "stack" of the DA pull. For example, you pull in DA and right before the break, it gets a little harder to pull, then the break happens. When you fit the angle, it makes a smooth, no stack, or increase in poundage, to the break of DA.

Huge help, thanks!