Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II hammer catches at half cocked

jpxd

I bought a used Stock II that ran fine for a long time, but now has started to catch at half cocked when the hammer drops. I think it's only happening on the DA pull, but not 100% sure on that as it doesn't happen frequently. The sear showed some wear, where the hammer hooks contact it, so I replaced it, but it's still happening.

Still don't quite understand how the action really works to know what the likely cause would be. Any ideas or suggestions on what the look at, or try?

What do you mean "both sears"?

Look at the interaction between the trigger bar and the sear. Look for any wear or modified parts. Look closely at the left side of the sear (as it sits in the gun) lower leg. It comes to a flat spot that contacts the trigger bar. If that has been shortened, the sear won't rotate far enough to clear the half cock.

I had a t3 disconnector I hadn't tried yet, so I threw that in and it seems to have fixed the problem. Still have to fit it for the reset to work, but I'll post if that changes anything or if it's still good then.