Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First match with Practiscore coming up and can't get it...

kamikaze1a

Sorry but I just can't get this setup. I have Practiscore installed on an ipad and a Nook ST but online manual for Practiscore shows screenshots that are very different from what I see on ipad or Nook and functions available are different too.

From ipad, used :"matches" to add new match with date, club name, code etc. Then used "shooters/squads" to add shooters and then connected ipad and Nook to hotspot (not connected to service). Used sync function on ipad to sync with Nook but all the shooters disappeared from the ipad and I had to enter the info all over again. Fortunately the ipad remembered the shooters and it was easy to re-enter all the shooters.

Should I have initiated sync'd from Nook?

It didn't sync. Used "sync with other devices" on nook and it saw the ipad with device sync code and displayed an arrow pointing to the right but nothing happens when I tap the arrow. I even tried entering the device sync code and then tapped "sync" but it blinked but nothing came over to the nook.

Or am I looking in the wrong place for the shooters?

Do I use "import registration" after sync?

Edited by kamikaze1a

Sorry but I just can't get this setup. I have Practiscore installed on an ipad and a Nook ST but online manual for Practiscore shows screenshots that are very different from what I see on ipad or Nook and functions available are different too.

From ipad, used :"matches" to add new match with date, club name, code etc. Then used "shooters/squads" to add shooters and then connected ipad and Nook to hotspot (not connected to service). Used sync function on ipad to sync with Nook but all the shooters disappeared from the ipad and I had to enter the info all over again. Fortunately the ipad remembered the shooters and it was easy to re-enter all the shooters.

Should I have initiated sync'd from Nook?

With all the shooters and data on your iPad, go to the "sync" page on both the iPad and the Nook.

On the Nook, you will see a list of ALL devices that have Practiscore installed and running that are on the current network (wifi hotspot in your case).

When you see the iPad (the one with all the recently entered data) select THAT one while on the Nook.

It will then PULL the information from the iPad (that's the one you selected on the Nook).

It will then display any new changes that are different from the Nook you are bringing the information in to.

Select "apply" as needed and you're done.

You can practice a lot of this stuff with "fake" matches using two or three shooters. Once you see how it flows, it will make more sense. The program works well, it's just not all the intuitive at first.

AD

Do I use "import registration" after sync?

Import Registration is for getting shooters from the Practiscore site who have registered for your match there.

Once they register for a match, anytime you "Import Registration" you'll get all the new shooters since the last time you did that.

When you have 30-50 shooters in a match, it sure is nice to just hit "Import" and it's done!

AD

Edited by ADulay

Thanks ADulay. I read some threads and one mentioned updating the Nook and found that I am running 1.2.7. Downloaded 1.3.10 to an SD then to Drop Box and finally installed on Nook. Now the Practiscore won't even open... Ran RASI and still won't open.

Just tried to erase and deregister and got message "Deregister failed (bind failure). Local reset will not be attempted."

It looks like I really messed up...

I am not sure what I did but tried to do a hard reset but it did not do what it was supposed to but the Nook now has v1.3.10! AND it pulled the shooters from the ipad!

One weird glitch persists. The practiscore icon on the main screen says practiscore but looks like an "Android" and will not open practiscore. If I use the app button more icons appear with the familiar practiscore shortcut and that icon works.

Thanks for the input and help! Will be practicing tonight and wish me luck!

Thanks for the input and help! Will be practicing tonight and wish me luck!

Kam,

I put in a lot of "practice" time on the program between Nooks, iPads and various smart phones. Fake matches, clones, squadding, etc.

Once I was convinced I had it all down pretty well, we went "live" with online registration. That got messed up a bit, but at least I got the 28 guys who took the time to sign up to load right into the phone and then over to the Nook when I got to the range. MUCH nicer than putting in 28 guys one at a time. In our third week, it's gotten MUCH smoother and quicker for everyone involved.

We're getting more and more shooters to use the online registration (it's free!) and it is making MY job a lot easier for sure.

I am eagerly looking forward to the first night where all 52 shooters sign up prior to the match and all I have to do is:

"Sync"

"Get Match Registration"

"Download"

And DONE!!!!

Good luck with it. It does get easier the more you work with it.

AD

Play with some test match's.

Set the match up and add some shooters with the iPad.

Take the nook and sync the match from the iPad.

Enter some scores with the nook and then go back to the

iPad and sync to the nook and make sure the scores sync over.

It will get easier in a hurry.

I just updated a bunch of nooks and ran into one of your issues.

The pre installed icon on the home page quit working but I could go to the apps page and open it there. To fix this you need to unlock the home screen and delete that icon then put the new app icon back on the home screen.

To unlock the home screen, hit the little button at the top of the screen that is a circle with three lines in it (the right hand one of the two tiny icons in the center of the header) then in the window that opens hit more then hit unlock screen, then hold on the old icon until a window opens then hit delete remove then hit the file icon to see all the installed apps (file at the bottom center of screen) and lastly drag the PS icon back to the home screen. If you want you can relock the home screen

Thanks everyone for all of the guidance. The guy who usually keeps score was very apprehensive with the whole setup but he was onboard and even took his turn inputting scores by the 2nd stage. We had to pry the pen and calculator out of his grip but it was nice to see him hanging with the shooters in the bays rather than back in the tents pounding on the keys of his calculator. Nearly everyone took their turn on the Nook and we all loved having the match results the moment the last shooter's scores were entered. The stage results sort feature was great and also useful for the shooting order too. Overall it was a big hit!

I was a little nervous about sync'ng the results to my ipad but that went so smoothly too. Emailing the stage and match results from the ipad to all the competitors was a breeze and sure beats having to inputting to excel manually.

I just tried uploading to practiscore and it said that it went but no where to be found on their site. Maybe some latency? Next step, ezwinscore...

And bikerb, I followed your instructions and now have a working icon again!

Thanks again everyone!

Edited by kamikaze1a

The android app has an option to share posted match on the view results screen where you can get a direct link to your posted results.

Likely your results are landed to 2nd or 3rd page of results. It also helps to add your club name into the match name text, so you can easily find it using search.

for posting to practiscore the best advice I can give is decide a name for your match (club name, location, your favorite color, whatever) and use it the same way when you name you match when you make the match in Praciscore. this way when people search for the match they only need to enter one search and they will get all your matches.

a nice thing is to figure out if there is all ready another club with a similar name to what you are thinking (easy to check just search for it) if there is try something else. I got lucky, there are no other clubs using names that start DUN so thats ull anyone needs to enter to find all of our matches.

euxx, you were exactly right, found it on the 4th page. Funny thing is that my profile shows the club name but no matches listed. How do I affiliate the match results to the club? I guess that's something I should have done prior to posting.

I used a too generic title for the match, is there a way to edit the title after posting?

The android app has an option to share posted match on the view results screen where you can get a direct link to your posted results.

Likely your results are landed to 2nd or 3rd page of results. It also helps to add your club name into the match name text, so you can easily find it using search.

I used a too generic title for the match, is there a way to edit the title after posting?

Sure. Edit it. Post again.

Use your club code as you put it in your club page setup. There could be some glitches around that, but folks are working on it. You can also manually link results with your club.

Thanks euxx, I just left the match name as is but finally figured out how to link the match to our club. I'll use a more descriptive name for future matches.

The funny thing is that I can't find our club by searching with the full name (four words). I can only find it by searching for the first word which brings up a list of clubs using the same word and our club is in the list. If I include two, three or the whole name I got no hits...