Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
lucas

Grams follower tuning to slide lock

When I have a tube where the follower will not push up high enough to engage the slide stop, I start grinding on the contact points where I think the problem is. I start grinding on both sides of the follower indiscriminately but never knowing where the problem is for sure. I have had many successes over the years but many failures also.

Is there a specific area on the grams follower, you have found to be the culprit where I should start looking at first?

cover the sides with whiteout. replace and pur a few rounds in and cycle them in and out. the wear points will show you where to take a bit off.

Fyi, Beven's springs and followers are designed to ride the inner right side of the tube. Start taking material off the right side of the follower and you'll start messing with the intended design that works. Give Beven a call with your question.

Just got some from beven and he said his new ones take very little filing if any. Didn't have to file on any of the 5 new guts kits I put in my 140mm tubes.